Traveling up the river??? >

Traveling up the river???

Notices

Traveling up the river???

Old 07-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traveling up the river???

Looking at a house On the Fox river North of Grass lake, Almost to route 173. Can a performance boat or any boat for that matter make it north of Grass lake???? Years ago I basically lived on the Chain but never tried going up the river, now thinking of coming back, found a house but not interested if I can't get my boat there!!!!

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Registered

Default Re: Traveling up the river???

i think a boat could make it up the river. if you stay in the current. but your looking at 45min to an hour to get to 173. all no wake
Old 07-12-2006, 09:21 PM
Registered

We have a 28' Cigarette and we go from our house on the river in Johnsburg all the way thru 173 into Antioch & into Lake Catherine. We don't ever have any problems. Little Italy (the long channel) is normally a tight squeeze.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Registered

I thought just little fishing boats were the only ones that could utilze the fox that far north.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ironfist
We have a 28' Cigarette and we go from our house on the river in Johnsburg all the way thru 173 into Antioch & into Lake Catherine. We don't ever have any problems. Little Italy (the long channel) is normally a tight squeeze.
i think he is talking about going by the state park
Old 07-19-2006, 11:55 AM
Registered

Man that is a real shallow area.... If it was me, I would say no or trailer to the state park. You will fill your outdrive/ motor with muck if your water pick-ups are still in the drive
Old 07-19-2006, 08:57 PM
Registered

Not by the state park. Under 173 bridge. Thru the long no wake. It is shallow; you have to know where you are going. Why would you trailer when you live on the river? Do you not live around here? Do any of you actually boat on the Chain? You guys need to get out on the water.

Last edited by ironfist; 07-19-2006 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:21 PM
Registered

Do you go past Lake Catherine/Channel Lake? We all go that far by Thirsty Turtle. How much further Have you been North of that? Fountain asked about the river north of GRASS LAKE.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:14 PM
Registered

Yes I was referring to the Fox river that travels to Wisconsin off of Grass lake. I was there over the past weekend for Blarney gra weekend and decided to make the trip. My buddy and I went all the way past 173 on the river in a 24 Liberator only hitting mud once. Not that bad, but the travel was long at NO WAKE. 45-50 minutes and at night you wouldn't see a thing with all the swamp land on both sides. House was nice but the travel has me second guessing????
Old 07-21-2006, 07:37 AM
Registered

Not by the state park. Under 173 bridge. Thru the long no wake. It is shallow; you have to know where you are going. Why would you trailer when you live on the river? Do you not live around here? Do any of you actually boat on the Chain? You guys need to get out on the water.
He is talking North end of the river up. Your talking northern end of the southend of river, No problems there. They just dredge the opening to the north end of the river. It is nice now, and the water level is up. When the level drops you will be dragging the bottom.

Here is a Nice site for you Chain o lake boaters www.Funonthefox.com

here is a map of the opening of the north end of the river

Quick Reply: Traveling up the river???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.