Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Grand Haven/West Michigan area? >

Grand Haven/West Michigan area?

Notices

Grand Haven/West Michigan area?

Old 06-20-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be around shortly, (32 Active Thunder) just got my engines in and I'm hoping to be under the noise law somehow...

I'll be in Holland mostly, anybody getting tickets there? I haven't heard anything bad there. I used to run in Grand Haven almost all the time, but I was scared away by some of the reports of police boats parking at the end of the piers just waiting for noise

I'm trying out CMI's sound elimination system this year, we'll see if that works!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:35 PM
Registered

I can see your point Jonny. Why would you want to sell a boat you have had for over 5 years before you actually ride in it and enjoy it like Steve has with his Apache?? Although I have been close to doing just that a couple times with my project.

Jim
Old 06-20-2007, 01:58 PM
Registered

You dont have to worry about them hiding by the pier heads. They will only get you if you pass by them. You would likely be fine idling around on 1 or shutting one down when you see them.

Or do as we "used to" and when idling around the channel pull the coil wire so they cant test both. If they cant test both they can only give you a verbal warning. Another thing to do is pull onto the beach in the channel until they pass by. This is assuming your boat is not extremely loud on one.

I dont think they are targeting power boaters, they just listen a little closer when you pass by. As long as you dont have beer insight and are not making a wake your fine.
Old 06-20-2007, 02:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Lunatic Fringe
I can see your point Jonny. Why would you want to sell a boat you have had for over 5 years before you actually ride in it and enjoy it like Steve has with his Apache?? Although I have been close to doing just that a couple times with my project.

Jim

Ouch !!!! Not targeting your friend Steve, actually more of a generalized statement. See so many people giving up there Exotic rides going to CC's all in the name of a few hassle's. Simply stating I would rather make a few changes and keep my ride vs. the new CC craze.
To each his own, Free mind, Free will

Hope your project is going well, I'm making alot of progress on mine this year as well as the past year.

Jon
Old 06-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Registered

Not a flame job Jonny, just saying the guys that are getting out of the exotic stuff are the guys that are running their boats every year and putting a lot of money into them in up keep and operational costs, and now exhaust modifications if you boat out of GH. You and I are in the Honeymoon phase. I'm throwing money at my project thinking that when I am done all the money will stop draining out of my pocket. I think both of us will soon come to the realization that is not the case. When the first thing goes wrong with mine a nice turn key 36' Concept with triple warrantied Mercs might sound pretty good!! Low maintenence and still a hot rod!! Keep wrenching!!!

Jim
Old 06-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Lunatic Fringe
Not a flame job Jonny, just saying the guys that are getting out of the exotic stuff are the guys that are running their boats every year and putting a lot of money into them in up keep and operational costs, and now exhaust modifications if you boat out of GH. You and I are in the Honeymoon phase. I'm throwing money at my project thinking that when I am done all the money will stop draining out of my pocket. I think both of us will soon come to the realization that is not the case. When the first thing goes wrong with mine a nice turn key 36' Concept with triple warrantied Mercs might sound pretty good!! Low maintenence and still a hot rod!! Keep wrenching!!!

Jim
Thanks for clearing that up !

I agree with you, and the money will never stop pouring into these things.

Guess that's what I'm saying is if You Love these Dam things
as most of us do, then I'll play with exhaust also to keep the water patrol out of my hair.

Steve has a nice ride, and if memory serve's me sitting on your deck at the cottage many years ago he had stories of Allez Vite back then and would love to own it. Several Years
went by and he finally aquired the bad boy. His dream !
So if ya love it keep it , hard to replace something like that.

Cops are minor irritants in the big picture, once ya roll out the end of the channel you forget all about them.

Jon
Old 06-20-2007, 05:06 PM
Registered

Love is a funny thing!!! Be careful what you wish for...... you might get it. How does that saying go, the two happiest days of a boaters life....... the day he buys..... the day he sells!!!! I think most just get sick of things piling up. But I can't say first hand because all I do is ride with friends. Ask your buddy with Wicked Won. Sounds like he is very happy with his CC.

Jim
Old 06-21-2007, 11:24 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Hey Lunatic, who are you? I live in, and boat out of Holland and have never seen your Cougar...or do you not own it anymore.

Shawn Arnold
Old 06-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SHAWNA
Hey Lunatic, who are you? I live in, and boat out of Holland and have never seen your Cougar...or do you not own it anymore.

Shawn Arnold

It's a Bad A** ride.......... Oh by the way his name is Jim just as he sign's at the end of his post

But i'll let him share as he choses...

Jon
Old 06-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts

It's Jimmy's Birthday today, happy b-day man. It's Apache Carl's b-day tomorrow, looking forward to the party, see tomorrow night.

Quick Reply: Grand Haven/West Michigan area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.