Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Grand Haven/West Michigan area? >

Grand Haven/West Michigan area?

Notices

Grand Haven/West Michigan area?

Old 06-24-2007, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was out in GH both Saturday and Sunday and didn't see the cops targeting offshore boats.

The number of boaters out on the water was significantly lower than normal. I went from GH to Port Sheldon on Sunday around 1pm and back around 3:30 and propably came across less than ten boats going north or south. There were boats anchored 3 miles south of GH but not many people running hard.

I was in front of Hoffmaster Saturday and saw very few boats going between GH and Muskegon.

I hope things pick up this summer. I know gas is expensive but when it goes into the boat I just look at is coming out of the entertainment budget and not let the high price change what I like to do.
Old 06-25-2007, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speed demon
I was out in GH both Saturday and Sunday and didn't see the cops targeting offshore boats.

The number of boaters out on the water was significantly lower than normal. I went from GH to Port Sheldon on Sunday around 1pm and back around 3:30 and propably came across less than ten boats going north or south. There were boats anchored 3 miles south of GH but not many people running hard.

I was in front of Hoffmaster Saturday and saw very few boats going between GH and Muskegon.

I hope things pick up this summer. I know gas is expensive but when it goes into the boat I just look at is coming out of the entertainment budget and not let the high price change what I like to do.
i was thinking the same thing this past weekend. when you get 2-3 miles from the pier and there is nobody around.
todd
Old 06-25-2007, 10:40 AM
Registered

We did dockers on saturday then hanky by 3pm. We were out at rosy mounds (2-3 miles south of gh) all day sunday. We had 8 boats or so rafted off steves boat (green wing II). He had a couple of chicago dj's on the boat for the day providing great entertainment.

On sat. jay (purple haze saber) and I saw mr gadgets and steve helsel in their checkmates coming back from muskegon.

It seems like alot of people have been hanging in the channel or down at hanky this year.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Tibbstoy2
I'll be around shortly, (32 Active Thunder) just got my engines in and I'm hoping to be under the noise law somehow...

I'll be in Holland mostly, anybody getting tickets there? I haven't heard anything bad there. I used to run in Grand Haven almost all the time, but I was scared away by some of the reports of police boats parking at the end of the piers just waiting for noise
A few years ago I was coming in Lake Macatawa from Lake Michigan on a nice August Sunday afternoon at a calm idle speed. I have open exhaust (no mufflers) but I was trying to be a cool customer as much as could be. Once I got about 200yards inside Lake Macatawa two DNR officers came up from behind me in a very small green flat bottom jon-boat and asked me if I had ever had a db test done. I was kind to them, but I thought I was surely going to get a ticket when the older guy mentioned he can hear the performance boats on Lake Michigan from his house 5-6 miles away and as I offered them a couple bottles of water I said; "Yeah, I know what you mean---I can hear semi's and Harelys going down the road and jet planes flying over head at times too, but I always expect to hear some noise when I am out on the water." They didn't accept the bottles of water I was offering, but they didn't give me a ticket either. I have not been there since.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Registered

Todd - We were on Lake Michigan ran to dockers Sat too, did you see that really fast red challenger? LOL
Old 06-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Registered

Yeah we saw that rocket I think you may have even sat at our table

See you this weekend?
Old 06-27-2007, 03:14 PM
BL6
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 12 Posts

I've noticed the lake has been rather quite the further you get from our pier heads.
But there is no shortage of ding-dongs at the launch ramp when ever I'm coming or going.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Registered

Good call on the ding dongs! I had to wait almost an hour at the Fruitport launch a few weeks ago. These people launch the boat, then load their crap, find out it as a dead battery, etc...

I can still launch my boat by myself, park the truck and leave the dock within 3 minutes. If the wife parks its about 2 minutes. these yahoos should be banded from boating until they get a lesson in common curtesy.

Who is doing Grand Haven this weekend and or the 4th?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Todd Hartigh;2179725
Who is doing Grand Haven this weekend and or the 4th?[/QUOTE]

believe it or not i will be out cracker jack
Old 06-28-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

The real question is did you buy the second boat?

I will pick it up!!

Quick Reply: Grand Haven/West Michigan area?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.