Upper Wisconsin Dells boating? >

Upper Wisconsin Dells boating?

Notices

Upper Wisconsin Dells boating?

Old 07-22-2007, 07:40 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Upper Wisconsin Dells boating?

Looking to see if anyone here has gone there or knows anything about it. I've been on lake wisconsin and the river, but from the sauk damn to the over pass by portage. That's as far as i've gone. I hear that the upper dells has got some partiers that hang out there........ Any info?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

I stay on the upper dells everyweekend. The scenery is beautiful but there is only about 3.5 miles of river you can boat on. The other 14 miles that lead up to Castle Rock dam is to shallow for a boat. Awsome for the waverunners. The beaches are nice and most people beach for the day. If you have any other questions I will be glad to help you out.
Lj
Attached Thumbnails Upper Wisconsin Dells boating?-dcp00703.jpg  
Old 07-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are there any larger twin engine boats up there. I have always wanted to do some boating up there but not sure if im two big. 30 Outlaw with 496's. 3.5 miles does not seen worth the trip.
Old 07-26-2007, 02:31 PM
Registered

There have been bigger boats on the river. If you want to spend the day driving, then the river is to small. If you want to spend the day on your boat staying at one of the beaches or floating in the lake, then it may not be a bad trip for you.

My boat is only a 28 and sometimes it seems strange to have my boat on the river, but I dont care. The scenery is very nice. If you would like to spend the day driving, Castle Rock is a much bigger lake.

Let me know if I could help.
Lj
Old 07-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Can you get to Castle Rock from where your at by boat? Is it attached to the River. How are the beaches there are they worth hanging out up there for the day?

I have been to the dells couple times a year for the past 10 years. I just never thought of bring the boat up there.
Old 07-26-2007, 03:34 PM
Registered

Unfortuneatly you can't get to Castle Rock by boat. There is a dam 13 miles upriver. If your interested in Castle Rock, there is a nice launce just 30 minutes north of the dells. There are a couple of bars you can go to but not many beaches.

The upper dells has really nice beaches but no bars you would want to leave your boat at. One of them will bring food down to the dock for you.

If you don't have a problem towing your boat, it may be worth it to try once. The river is more for family type atmosphere. If your ever there, I will be glad to give you a ride and check out the river.

LJ
Old 07-27-2007, 11:20 AM
Registered

hey waterman, you familiar with Lake Wisconsin by Lodi?
Friend yesterday is arguing with me saying there is 20 miles of runnable water to be had there, I said never heard of anyone going there with HP boats, he said to ck it out.
I have been to Castle Rock lots, fun area but miss the old cabins by Gilligans.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
hey waterman, you familiar with Lake Wisconsin by Lodi?
Friend yesterday is arguing with me saying there is 20 miles of runnable water to be had there, I said never heard of anyone going there with HP boats, he said to ck it out.
I have been to Castle Rock lots, fun area but miss the old cabins by Gilligans.
I run by Lodi all the time. I put in at the public launch by Fish Tales. If a guy goes to the left, it goes up to the sauk damn. Prolly about 4-5 miles. If you go to the left, prolly about 10 miles to the overpass. Everything is marked, but it can be a bit tricky, and there are unmarked spots to know about. I have put on about 30 hours of time up there. Let me know if you want to meet up, I could show you around for the day.

-Ryan
Old 07-27-2007, 02:00 PM
Registered

ok tnks I may call you sometime. How is the launch there for a 42? Are there lots of places to stop at on the river?
Old 07-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Registered

Well, your not going to be able to tie up to the launch, but i have a triple axle trailer, and can launch just fine. Your gonna have to just dip it in and fire it up i'd imagine; and pick up your passengers. This dock is prettymuch the best one i have found, but i have a 25. There is a huge beach down river about 10 miles, you can see it from the over pass coming into portage. I can get from the sauk damn to the portage overpass. Pretty much one or two bars/stops, but unsure if a 42 will fit. What kind of draft do you have?

-Ryan

Quick Reply: Upper Wisconsin Dells boating?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.