Notices

Toronto Marina

Old 11-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toronto Marina

Hi guys,

I am going to be buying a boat in the next months and I am looking for a good Marina that is friendly to offshore boats.

I want to be close to the city (not out in Oakville or Port Hope or anyting like that) and be able to take the boat out to go up GBAY.

Boat will be a 28 APACHE.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone knows what to watch for or whatever let me know. I have never had a boat that needs docking before. Or any boat for that matter....
Old 11-13-2007, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

unless you want a boat covered in green fur, keep it on the trailer. Lake Ontario near the city gets real warm and the growth is fast.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Registered

Try Lakefront Promanade. It's in mississauga and is in an excellent and secure basin. 905 615 4870.

If you want to trailer it and just leave it in the water for a week or so, Credit Village Marina in Port Credit is the place you want to be.
Old 11-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Registered

really,

I didnt realize it was that bad for growing **** on the hull.

So I guess it is smarter to try and find a temporary docking location where I could leave it a couple of days a week or when I want it in the water and then pull it out and keep it at the shop on the trailer at other times. Is there a good spot downtown to leave it here and there a couple days a week?

Hey Airpacker, I am guessing who you are and I am pretty sure I know from your boat description.

Its Adam by the way, Wally's son.
Old 11-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Registered

It's not that bad...
I put my boat in the water in May and pulled it out in July to give it a quick power wash as I had carpet growing on the bottom. After that it was ok till October when I pulled it out again and it was a breeze to clean. It was not that bad and mine sat in the water all summer long.
I did use the boat almost daily, so that might be another concern, as I probably dragged the critters off the bottom of the hull at my breakneck speeds
Old 11-18-2007, 08:48 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ar15meister
really,

I didnt realize it was that bad for growing **** on the hull.

So I guess it is smarter to try and find a temporary docking location where I could leave it a couple of days a week or when I want it in the water and then pull it out and keep it at the shop on the trailer at other times. Is there a good spot downtown to leave it here and there a couple days a week?

Hey Airpacker, I am guessing who you are and I am pretty sure I know from your boat description.

Its Adam by the way, Wally's son.

Ya Adam, its me Did you find a 28 yet?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:58 PM
Registered

not yet. we will see. I am still looking hard but they are few nd far between, especially in good shape.