Where to buy merc parts in T.O >

Where to buy merc parts in T.O

Notices

Where to buy merc parts in T.O

Old 09-18-2008, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tsp
Thanks ve3lt. I don't need anything yet. I just want to have an idea of where to go for parts when the inevitable happens.
Was that your grey stinger in the autotrader earlier this year?
Might have been. I posted in so many trader magazines I forgot??? I am selling my 260 as I am having WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much fun with my 390X.
I had the 260 out about four or five times this summer but I preferr the big water boat more.
If you know of anyone who is looking for a real clean turn key boat, let me know. It's still in the water till the end of sept then it goes back to indoor heated storage again. Test drives available
Old 09-18-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by tsp
I was out watching the show. But, I came by water from Scarborough. SeeYouThere, your boat would have caught my eye, it looks sharp. My pantera has a white hull with red/yelllow/orange stripes and red interior. I headed to Niagara-on-the-lake after. What a great weekend to be on the water. I wish we had more of them.
Gee we must have just missed each other! My eagle eye would have caught your boat?

Unfortunately I did not have my Stinger390X with me, as I cruised over with a boat load of drunks in a cruiser. (I'll never do that again! That story another day...) We were right in front of Ontario place directly south of the island at the Air show.
We also crossed the lake right after the show but did not see another boat for miles the entire crossing!!!???

Hope you had a great time at NOTL? I love it there as that is my home area and I have lived there for most of my life. I never get sick of Niagara.........................Love it!
Old 09-24-2008, 06:47 PM
tsp
Registered

Originally Posted by ve3lt
Gee we must have just missed each other! My eagle eye would have caught your boat?

Unfortunately I did not have my Stinger390X with me, as I cruised over with a boat load of drunks in a cruiser. (I'll never do that again! That story another day...) We were right in front of Ontario place directly south of the island at the Air show.
We also crossed the lake right after the show but did not see another boat for miles the entire crossing!!!???

Hope you had a great time at NOTL? I love it there as that is my home area and I have lived there for most of my life. I never get sick of Niagara.........................Love it!
I had a great time at NOTL. My first time going there by water. And the first time I got to use the boat. Your 26 stinger is a nice boat. I am surprised it has not sold yet. Good luck with the sale.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Port Dalhousie is better.. different crowd,, Ive done NOTL in many different boats, just dont try sleepin on the wall on a weekend
Old 10-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by buckknekkid
Port Dalhousie is better.. different crowd,, Ive done NOTL in many different boats, just dont try sleepin on the wall on a weekend
Boy you go that right for sure!!!
Especially with a north wind as it rides up the channel and makes a horrible rolling action.
Last long weekend my buddy rented a spot on the wall to party. He slept on the park bench as he got seasick in his boat tied to the wall

If there is ever a north wind just come around the bend by the Welland Canal over to our side on the east side of the canal. Very large sheltered bay there in any conditions. the Welland Canal extension makes for a great barrier to bad weather.

Dalhousie is a great party place and the restaurants are great but I like to go home to sleep. (my marina is only a short ten minute run around the canal) The drunks come out of the bars at night and just love to untie the boats along the wall. It's been an ongoing issue for a couple of years and they even have a cop there now on Saturday nights walking the pier.

Last edited by Stinger390X; 10-07-2008 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:16 AM
tsp
Registered

Originally Posted by buckknekkid
Port Dalhousie. I'll put it on my list for next year. I didn't spend the night at NOTL. I just shot over for the day. Stopped at the first marina I saw and docked. Didn't really know where I would end up. I figured if I was surrounded by U.S Coast Guard I must have gone too far.
Where is "the wall" at NOTL?
Old 10-08-2008, 04:33 PM
Registered

That would be the outer wall facing the East. It is before the fuel docks and quite frankly and AWFUL place to park. I parked there two years ago when I went for a BBQ and i bounced around like a cork in a toilet bowl! Put a couple of marks on the boat too.
The trouble is it is facing the Niagara River and the outer wall always has rough water. You need to get into the fuel dock area or even better in and around the back where the rest of the boats rest. (good luck on that as there is a waiting list)

Try to pop by the St.Catharines Marina if you want to overnight. The party is always in Dalhousie but for a quiet time with some great folks try SCM just around the corner from Dalhousie on the East side of the Welland Canal. Good restaurant there, fuel and boat lift parts etc. and we have nice party dock there. Everyone is very friendly. there is a bbq there that anyone can use if you like.
We monitor channel 68 and either I or Capt Bob will answer.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
tsp
Registered

Ok. I know the spot. That's where I docked. It was a calm day when I was there. Most of the waves were from guys running close to shore and making wake.
Next season I will be sure to check out SCM.
Thanks for the tips,
Tom