Notices

Looking up north

Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking up north

Hello, I have just got a trailer for my boat and I am thinking about trailering up to northern Michigan for a month or two next year. I am just looking around the internet at different marinas and am looking for ideas. I am looking in the Traverse City, Elk Rapid, Boyne City, Torch Lake area. I am not looking for anywhere real fancy. I would like to pull the vehicle close to the boat for parking and have a camfire occasionaly with my kids. I am not interested in pools, hot tubs, or clubhouses. It does need power and water though. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dan
Old 10-21-2008, 09:27 AM
Registered

dan, try Tim at Lurh's landing on torch river(so.torch lake) 231_3222868
Old 10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Registered

Thanks 26. Have you ever been to Torch River Marina? They brag covered docks on their website. I don't think I have ever seen covered docks in Michigan.
Old 10-26-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

Yes,have sliped at both ,trmarine's are all covered.Luhrs is really laid back,t.r. is a little more active. Both are all good tho. trmarine-concrete,blacktop,slips. Luhr's-woods'y,gravel,slips.Hope this is some help....
Old 10-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by REBEL4845
Hello, I have just got a trailer for my boat and I am thinking about trailering up to northern Michigan for a month or two next year. I am just looking around the internet at different marinas and am looking for ideas. I am looking in the Traverse City, Elk Rapid, Boyne City, Torch Lake area. I am not looking for anywhere real fancy. I would like to pull the vehicle close to the boat for parking and have a camfire occasionaly with my kids. I am not interested in pools, hot tubs, or clubhouses. It does need power and water though. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Dan
That's a tough question if you had to pick one spot.....
Why one spot if you're on a trailer? All the places you mentioned are nice.
What size boat you talking? Torch river would be nice if you have a smaller boat because it's protected. No place around there to do a camp fire however and it's party central on the weekends.

Based on what you said, I'd look at Elk Rapids because you can get out on Lake MI or you can launch on Elk lake (and hit Torch river) if conditions are bad. Plus you have a nice downtown and a big beach to play on for the kids.

mb.
Old 10-27-2008, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 729 Likes on 326 Posts

Another place to condiser is Traverse City State Park.
ed
Old 10-27-2008, 06:41 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by REBEL4845
Thanks 26. Have you ever been to Torch River Marina? They brag covered docks on their website. I don't think I have ever seen covered docks in Michigan.
They do have all covered docks. My father keeps his Sunsation 288 there all summer. Very nice, and very nice people.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the replies. I called up to Lurhs landing and talked to Tim. He is a very nice person to talk to. He let me know that I am not able to get out to lake michigan from Torch River. I thought that everything was connected through torch lake. I want to eventually drive the boat down the coast to St Joe for the last half of the season. The boat is on a trailer but it is a tuff job getting it on there. It is a 10K pound boat and not something that is fun to load. I have been searching the internet and emailing some places. I am looking for something very laid back. I let most of the partying go since the kids came on the scene. Thanks again. Dan
Old 10-28-2008, 12:06 PM
Registered

Dan,if you would like to try Luhr's and loading your boat on trailer is your stopper,i would be more than happy to help ya.I keep my boat in the slip right next to the ramp.No Sweat.There's tons of things to do on the torch chain for you and your kids to enjoy. Rick....
Old 10-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i love touch lake and launch at luhrs all the time with my fountain however if you are into a varity of locations try lake charlevoux you can reach lake mich from there and lc is a awsome lake. there is a small marina near the ironton ferry that is real nice and laid back.

Quick Reply: Looking up north

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.