2009 Motor City Fun Run

Notices

2009 Motor City Fun Run

Old 06-16-2009, 06:21 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stevewy
Any idea how many boats/people?
Yeah, what he said. Still have room? Isn't there is a very long no wake zone down the middle channel for anything over 30'? As well as a huge piece of sunken steel/boat just south of browns by the red buoy? When you go to Metro, do you plan on stopping with everyone or just idling by, turn around and go back out? Sounds like fun and I can't imagine how much time you have into this. Let me know if there is still room. Will know by Wednesday night if I can make it.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NKissau
Yeah, what he said. Still have room? Isn't there is a very long no wake zone down the middle channel for anything over 30'? As well as a huge piece of sunken steel/boat just south of browns by the red buoy? When you go to Metro, do you plan on stopping with everyone or just idling by, turn around and go back out? Sounds like fun and I can't imagine how much time you have into this. Let me know if there is still room. Will know by Wednesday night if I can make it.
Hello NKissau,

Yes, there is still room...

Regarding the Metro Beach...just idling by, turning around and going back out...

We are looking forward to your RSVP at [email protected]

Divenstar
Old 06-18-2009, 11:05 AM
Registered

Divenstar, Unfortunately due to a change in plans we will be in put in bay this weekend with the kids and friends, so we will not be able to attend, but please keep us posted on any future runs you will be doing and we will be there for sure. Hope you guys have a great turnout and you are still more than welcome to use the party BBQ if you need it.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Divenstar, Unfortunately due to a change in plans we will be in put in bay this weekend with the kids and friends, so we will not be able to attend, but please keep us posted on any future runs you will be doing and we will be there for sure. Hope you guys have a great turnout and you are still more than welcome to use the party BBQ if you need it.
Don' t worry Laszlo...

We will see you on the next one...

Divenstar
Old 06-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Registered

Default Emergency Schedule Changes...2009 Motor City Fun Run

EMERGENCY NOTIFICATION...2009 Motor City Fun Run Changes....

Ahoy there everyone,

There have been some minor scheduling changes....

SO PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD AND TELL ALL YOUR ATTENDING FRIENDS!!!!!...

Unfortunately, Harbor Hill Marina and the Roostertail have pulled their support of the 2009 Motor City fun Run...

It was unplanned and unforeseen...we were blindsided at the last minute (yesterday)...But that's O.K....

In the spirit of "All Hands on Deck"...Jack's has really stepped up to the plate and offered their waterfront restaurant as the base camp for our event...

We will now meet at Jack's, rather than harbor hill...

The continental breakfast/driver's meeting will start at 9:00am at Jack's

We will fire up and leave Jack's at 10:30am and run the lake...returning at 12:00 for the Old School Reunion II and boat show...

The rest of the course ans schedule will remain relatively the same with two minor changes...We will run the North Channel, rather than the Middle Channel, due to "No Wake" concerns and we are gonna do the Windsor Yacht club Idle-By earlier and close the run at Jack's...Rather than Harbor Hill...

Jack's has even gone one step further and offered us overnight seawall accommodations, w/shower and security at no charge for both Fri. & Sat. nights...Which is incredible!!!

Note: There is no shore power, which, again is O.K....because, you don't have it at Gull Island, Muscamoot Bay, Strawberry Island or Crystal Bay either???

In addition, we are scheduled to have an 8:00pm meet and greet on Fri. 6/19/09...with free finger food provided, and free seawall dockage...

Note: Heavy Storms are predicted on Fri. w/a 70% chance of precipitation....So, the Fri. event may be canceled, but call the restaurant or Jim Fisher at 313-957-1991 for an update before arriving...

New Boat Launch and Trailering instructions:

For those trailering from the east...Take I-94 to 9 Mile...exit at 9 Mile and turn left (south)...Take 9 Mile south to Jefferson...You will then go thru the light and follow 9 Mile to the Eastpointe Boat Launch (end of road) and pull into the lot at proceed to the guard shack on the other side of the lot...The daily launch fee is $10.00...

For those trailering from the west...Take I-94 to 9 Mile...exit at 9 Mile and turn right (south)...Take 9 Mile south to Jefferson...You will then go thru the light and follow 9 Mile to the Eastpointe Boat Launch (end of road) and pull into the lot at proceed to the guard shack on the other side of the lot...The daily launch fee is $10.00...

Note: Those traveling from West Michigan...take I-96 east to the I-94 interchange in St. Clair Shores and head west on I-94 to 9 Mile...exit at 9 Mile and turn left (south)...Take 9 Mile south to Jefferson...You will then go thru the light and follow 9 Mile to the Eastpointe Boat Launch (end of road) and pull into the lot at proceed to the guard shack on the other side of the lot...The daily launch fee is $10.00...

Special Note: Please give Jim Fisher a call at 313-957-1991 when you are approaching the marina &/or ramp...We will meet you at the ramp and help you to launch, tie-up and then, shuttle you back to the ramp, so you can safely & securely park and lock your hauler/trailer on launch proper...After which, you can safely park your vehicle in the marina...

Revised Fun Run Itinerary for Sat. 6/20/09

9:00am - 9:30am Driver's Meeting

10:00am Start Engines and stage/muster outside Emerald Harbor entrance/break-wall

10:30am - 11:45am Run Lake St. Clair, Detroit River and Windsor Yacht club Idle-by...

12:00 - 1:00pm Jack's Waterfront for the Old School Offshore Reunion II & Boat Show (Stop #1)

1:15pm - 1:45pm Metro Beach Dream Cruise (no wake speed)

1:30pm - 2:30pm Run Gull Island / South Channel / Middle Channel

2:30pm - 3:30pm Mariner's Boat Club Stop hosted by Steve Wyatt (Stop #2...Thanks so much Steve!!!)

3:30pm - 4:30pm?? Run downbound Shipping Channel for areal Pix and return to Jack's

5:00pm - 7:00pm After party/get together...(Food & Beverages are on you)...

7:00pm -7:30pm Run Shipping Channel home (for downbound guests) and head toward Windsor Yacht Club and Lakeview Marina Idle-By...

Pictures

There will be an airplane and photographer overhead taking individual and group shots during the fun run...We plan to have the pix ready and delivered by the start of the after party at Jack's. They will be avail. for sale and are able to be blown-up to poster size...(Much, much, thanks to Ryan Bilyk, who BTW, made all the arr. and has footed the bill for the plane and photographer... Note: we are selling the pix for $30 a piece, just to cover the cost of airtime and to tip the pilot and photographer)...again, "All hands on Deck"...

T-Shirts

We will also have commemorative 2009 Motor City Fun Run T-Shirts avail. for sale at the BBQ as well...Just click on this link for details http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSC00327.jpg

In closing, we want to offer a very, sincere thanks to Jack's, for stepping in where needed, in true "ALL HANDS ON DECK" spirit...

Note: Again, this is our 1st fun run of the season, but, not the last...And, though the weather may not cooperate and others would like to see us fall on our faces...we refuse to fall/fail... and have tried to cover all the bases. (EX. all the free food at Jack's actually cost us several hundred dollars)...

As previously stated, we are very excited and are looking forward to seeing everyone and making new boating friends!!!!!

We will call each of you personally to notify you of theses last min. changes...

Sincerely,

Friends of the 2009 Motor City Fun Run
Old 06-18-2009, 09:05 PM
Registered

Default trying

Im outside right now putting the final touches on the predator. I should be there with the girl. Everyone ut there that is religous please say a prayer for the new motor.
Sleepy
Old 06-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Prayers said!
Old 06-18-2009, 11:36 PM
Registered

Dan good work on getting the motor in, just break her in easy!

While it felt good to be dressing the motor today, another great event is slipping by....

Have a blast everyone, I may stop in for a few pops at Jacks Friday or Saturday and say hi.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:38 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage
Dan good work on getting the motor in, just break her in easy!

While it felt good to be dressing the motor today, another great event is slipping by....

Have a blast everyone, I may stop in for a few pops at Jacks Friday or Saturday and say hi.
Hey Niel and Dan, I will look for a couple of 330's so that you guys can play with us, you need to get the shop dust off those boats
Old 06-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Registered

Ya I think they're scared to get wet...

Finally decided on power so I can move forward - jobbie's the next target date!

welfare racing - who are you? Sorry I don't recognize the name or boat...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.