1000 Islands Run/SPLASH?

Notices

1000 Islands Run/SPLASH?

Old 06-28-2009, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1000 Islands Run/SPLASH?

Hey Guys!!

I know its a little early, but, was wondering how many members will be attending the 1000 Island run in August?, I will be there, but, probably wont compete since I dont have a "Big Dog" boat that seems to be required just to show up!, but, would LOVE to meet some of my OSO buddies face to face, I haven't missed the run in years and always enjoyed seeing the "big dollar" stuff that shows up, let me know, hope to see EVERYONE there!

Also, the local news CKWS had an interview with a bunch of morons named "SPLASH" they are some tree hugging special interest group who want to shut down the poker run [they have a facebook page with all of 28 members, or do a Google search if you are in need of a good laugh!]

These pylons figure that the thousands and thousands of dollars created by the poker run "wont be missed" and that they could draw just as many people if we raced [get ready for this...............] "Solar Powered Boats"

Yes, I just about fell outta the chair laughing, apparantly they will be having a "show of force"? at the event this year, I just hope there isn't a "Star Trek convention" or "Dungeons and Dragons" tournament on the same day or they probably wont be able to make it.

Michael
Old 06-29-2009, 03:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In one of the local newspapers they also claim that the boats burn $7000.00 worth of fuel in just a couple of hours. They are nothing but a group of propaganda spewing eco-hippies that do nothing but complain about everything. These are the same people that are "campaigning" for alternative sources of energy but then turned around and tried to stop the wind turbine farm project on Wolfe Island directly across from Kingston because it would tarnish the appearance of the waterfront view. The sad part is that our goofball city council takes them somewhat serious and our even more biased print media The Kingston Whig Standard helps further propaganda spreading endeavours by printing their garbage....
Old 06-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a cottage on the Island, the windmills where a TOTAL fiasco!, besides totally ruining what was once a nice peaceful Island, they caused a lot of internal rift in the political arena, basically, the slimeball mayor of the Island and 2 of his councilors ["YES" men] where the ONLY people involved in the final vote, despite IMMENSE opposition to it, there was also demand for an independant enviromental assessment that never happened.
By "Coincidence?" the mayor and the 2 flunkys where also the ones who leased MASSIVE amounts of there OWN farmland to the Hydro company that built the windmills, kinda hard to believe that there was no "conflict of interest"

Even "W5" did a special on it, one reporter chased the mayor down near the ferry dock and tried to get a comment, he quickly blurted out something about "having dinner with his Mom" and drove away. I am sure nothing will be done, but, its worth people knowing.

There are about 20 cottages for sale in the Cape Vincent/Tibbets Point area because the people that have them dont want to look at Windmills outside there front windows.

Like most things, when there is big money, there is corruption, cant fight it I suppose.

I heard that the Kingston Whig Standard will soon be running papers only a few days a week, I guess, much like the S&R store, there days are numbered, maybe they need all the stories they can? just to maintain SOME readership interest?, plus, special interest groups ALWAYS seem to get press time, no matter how ridiculous they are, or how obvious there agenda is.

How much you wanna bet that at least 1/2 the members of "SPLASH" drive Hummers and Dont Recycle, LOL!!

I will get off my soapbox now!!!, LOL!!

Michael