Notices

LEOPA Fall Poker Run.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phragle when are you going to post some of the shots you took, you should have a bunch of good ones. Laz, the SeaRay is Capital T for Tom Tadsen he is one of the founders of LEOPA and the father of the guy in the small Eliminator that got the BS ticket under the bridge. I will see if his email is on the list we got from LEOPA. AB it's funny Phragle was on our boat and I said to him on our way to Jack's I wonder if ABWindsor is out here watching us, next time you will have to tell us what boat you are on and where you going to be. I saw a lot of boats completely in the air between the DYC and Portafino's. To me that was a short but wild ride. Did anyone see that red and grey Sunsation he had air half for more that half of that leg. Of course our BT almost never gets air, which is fine by me since I don't want to break anything. this was our best year ever, did all the poker runs and had no problems. Well I guess we had one small problem and needed a jump when leaving Portifinio's but other than that all was good this year.

Ray was there he said he enjoyed the first leg but the others were a little short for him. Larry it was good to finally meet you again, hope to see you at more LEOPA events. Like always LEOPA did a great job on putting together a fun and affordable day.

Last edited by Ms PatriYacht; 09-15-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did make it up there. Kinda last minute. It was worth it!
GREAT WEATHER! GREAT RUN! GREAT PEOPLE! Hats off to Larry! Donating his first place winnings back to charity! Top class move buddy! (Even for a guy in a fountain)
It's great when it's the charity that counts! Thanks everyone that put that run together! We'll Be Back!(not a threat)
Old 09-15-2009, 10:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ms PatriYacht
Phragle when are you going to post some of the shots you took, you should have a bunch of good ones. Laz, the SeaRay is Capital T for Tom Tadsen he is one of the founders of LEOPA and the father of the guy in the small Eliminator that got the BS ticket under the bridge. I will see if his email is on the list we got from LEOPA. AB it's funny Phragle was on our boat and I said to him on our way to Jack's I wonder if ABWindsor is out here watching us, next time you will have to tell us what boat you are on and where you going to be. I saw a lot of boats completely in the air between the DYC and Portafino's. To me that was a short but wild ride. Did anyone see that red and grey Sunsation he had air half for more that half of that leg. Of course our BT almost never gets air, which is fine by me since I don't want to break anything. this was our best year ever, did all the poker runs and had no problems. Well I guess we had one small problem and needed a jump when leaving Portifinio's but other than that all was good this year.

Ray was there he said he enjoyed the first leg but the others were a little short for him. Larry it was good to finally meet you again, hope to see you at more LEOPA events. Like always LEOPA did a great job on putting together a fun and affordable day.

Ms PatriYacht!

I'm always out there, sitting with the wife looking at the boats going by. BTW is your Black Thunder, white with baby blue colors on it and were you driving up the Detroit River on Sunday, heading towards Lake St. Clair around 5-6 pm and the one I saw last Saturday by Jacks and then you went towards Metro Beach around 2:30 pm. The Sea Ray "Capitol T" that boat was sitting on the Detroit River as the Poker Runners came from Jacks to the Detroit Yacht Club, should of entered the Poker Run, that boat was going around 50 MPH following the Poker Run boats heading to the DYC for Lunch. It's just amazing how the hull designs and new technology has revolutionized the speeds in the Cruiser industry now a days. Next year I will be out their trying to take some video of the boats going by. I took a shoot at it with my camera and screwed up but got some shoots of the boats leaving the DYC on there way to Portifinio's. I haven't had a chance to check it out as my wife had her knee replace yesterday and will be in teh hospital for a week and then I will be busy for a few days playing nurse for her but if I get a chance and it is not to bad I will post it.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by Horsepowercollector
I did make it up there. Kinda last minute. It was worth it!
GREAT WEATHER! GREAT RUN! GREAT PEOPLE! Hats off to Larry! Donating his first place winnings back to charity! Top class move buddy! (Even for a guy in a fountain)
It's great when it's the charity that counts! Thanks everyone that put that run together! We'll Be Back!(not a threat)
There's my boy... My pops said you and Lyn had a great time!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 01:10 PM
Registered

I am pretty sure we were the only BT in the run. On Sunday afternoon we took a quick ride on the river from The Ford YC to the second bridge (the real low one), and then realized we were lower on gas than we thought so headed back to the Lake Erie Metro Park's boat ramp. Our boat is mostly white with some blue and red stripes down the sides, and a row of stars on the top of the bow. LOL in the sun it probably looks a bit faded. I'd post a picture but I lost those privildges when I did not reup my paid membership

Do you live on the water, you seem to catch all the action.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Registered

the father of the guy in the small Eliminator that got the BS ticket under the bridge.
Good hearing that you had a great time. Weather was near perfect. Com'on, more details on the ticket.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I am pretty sure we were the only BT in the run. On Sunday afternoon we took a quick ride on the river from The Ford YC to the second bridge (the real low one), and then realized we were lower on gas than we thought so headed back to the Lake Erie Metro Park's boat ramp. Our boat is mostly white with some blue and red stripes down the sides, and a row of stars on the top of the bow. LOL in the sun it probably looks a bit faded. I'd post a picture but I lost those privildges when I did not reup my paid membership

Do you live on the water, you seem to catch all the action.
No I don't live on teh water but spend a lot of time with the wife ****ting by the water, as she does't want to go boating but enjoys watching them go by.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

First time we have missed the LEOPA FPR in years. We were Moose hunting last weekend in BC, Canada. This "great weather" even in Northern Canada was a bust for hunting.
See you next year!
Old 09-22-2009, 05:15 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=risingsun;2952006]
Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
The other boat that broke shortly after the the 42 ft. Tiger was a White Cigarette Top Gun or Cafe Racer, older model and they said that they broke a drive and they never made it to Jacks and the last I saw of them they were idling back down the river on one engine and stopped to talk to the guys in the Cigarette Tiger. There were a lot of nice boats out there and what a way to spend a nice day on the water, watching them all roar by.[/QUOTE

I was the 39 Cig that broke the drive, we think the air time at the mouth of the river did it in but thats boating ! We want to say thank you to all the people who stopped and asked if needed help. LEOPA is a great club to run with and we are proud to be members !!!! I would rather race for a day then be a spectator for life !! If you read this Don let me know what you found ? Thanks again to LEOPA for a great weekend !

Bill.
I was really bummed you guys broke a drive this year. What did you find out?.
Chris
Old 09-22-2009, 05:22 AM
Registered

I have been with Leopa for 4 years now. This has to be one of the greatest and nicest group of people I have met on the water. Everyone is willing to lend a helping hand if a problem arises and every event that we have attended has been a class act. You could not ask for a better group of people. The weather for this years run was perfect. Even with a few breakdowns, We all still had a great time. Thanks again to Rick and Dino and everyone else who put there time and effort into making this run another success this year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.