Notices

Boat Show

Old 01-12-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boat Show

So, it was snowy and cold here and I had nothing planned for the day, so, I headed to the Boat Show in Toronto,it was nice since mid day, on a week day the crowd was small and you could actually see stuff and talk to people

Not much in the way of performance boats, but, there was a display from Ilmor which included a GORGEOUS Eliminator powered by a pair of Ilmors, the paint and rigging on this thing was FLAWLESS!

I was also able to FINALLY get an up close look at the new "Statement" boat that is being carried by Jim Earle Marine, I had seen the boat at the 1000 Islands run this year, but, couldn't get anywhere NEAR it because of all the people, and I have to say its one VERY nice boat! I thought it was brand new, and was quite shocked when I was told that the boat had over 60 Poker runs on it! the "Air Cockpit" is a really cool set up and I imagine it rides much better than most "traditional" boats, but, at 875K I probably wont be finding out anytime soon!

I mainly went to try and find a "show special" on a chartplotter/VHF Radio, but, didn't see any real screamin' deals, but, it wasn't a bad way to waste a snowy Monday, if nothing else, It made me even MORE anxious for spring!

Michael
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Most people I know can't be bothered going to the Toronto Boat Show or Cobo Hall Boat Show for the lack of performance boats, year after year. You would think that they would get the message and try to do something about it.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Registered

Received 99 Likes on 47 Posts

The Statement boat along with the Eliminator were the show, as far as performance boats go.