Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
just wondering???  RUNNING HOT... >

just wondering??? RUNNING HOT...

Notices

just wondering??? RUNNING HOT...

Old 01-25-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 1,491 Likes on 806 Posts

The pics above explain why I could never catch him. Somethings you never forget. Getting passed in a boat with no throttle left always leaves a lasting impression in my mind. Sometimes leads to sleepless nights... LOL....
Old 01-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
The pics above explain why I could never catch him. Somethings you never forget. Getting passed in a boat with no throttle left always leaves a lasting impression in my mind. Sometimes leads to sleepless nights... LOL....
feel better if i said Merc 500 HPs
Old 01-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rhr 163.1
feel better if i said Merc 500 HPs
it wouldn't make much difference, hmmm the "individual" who had the boat will more than likely recall the day i am talking about after losing a drive that day outside of Grand Haven. it was defenitely an uncomfortable moment. it was a case of having your hands full however couldn't do a dam thing about it. a good friend of mine was even hospitolized. just a couple of broken ribs though. if i recall running hot had he had a pretty good view of it...
Old 01-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here's one from '93/'94 Thunder Marine Poker run. I don't think he ran in it. Those were fun poker runs while they lasted.
Attached Thumbnails just wondering???  RUNNING HOT...-runnin-hot.jpg  
Old 01-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by harsin
Here's one from '93/'94 Thunder Marine Poker run. I don't think he ran in it. Those were fun poker runs while they lasted.
I remember Kenny Gordon heading those up. Fun days... That's a very nice looking boat. I really like the lines etc. Is there any kind of pad bottom or is it V all the way? It appears they are a pretty efficient hull.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I remember Kenny Gordon heading those up. Fun days... That's a very nice looking boat. I really like the lines etc. Is there any kind of pad bottom or is it V all the way? It appears they are a pretty efficient hull.
very efficient V all the way
Old 01-27-2010, 08:29 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

so why cant ther boat be repair i have probably the best glass guy around who can do wonders with some reszin and matting not to mention paint. Does it still have big power just burnt or we talking burnt beyound recognition
-Mike
Old 01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The boat is stripped. Not sure how many years it has been sitting there. I am sure it is at the point now of rotting. It would cost a ton more to put together now I am sure than what it probably would cost for a late model one that runs. The problem with boats and fire is that they melt and warp from the heat. It will distort the whole side. With the right amount of money, time and experience anything can be done but it looks like it was not worthwhile to them.
I am not certain if I got the whole story straight about what happened. It just caught my attention when I saw it over the summer when I was driving down the river. I knew the original owner of the boat and saw it when it was being built. Only was in it one time for a ride. I think it was Thunder Boats at that time not Active Thunder.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:50 PM
Registered

Very nice looking especially for it's time. What was the year on the said boat? Also is it confirmed as Active Thunder or Thunder Boats? Just wondering in case I ever run across one for sale with or without power.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by yeller gambler
white ?????? NOT
south haven ??? NOT
Illinois ???? YES !!!

neon PINK with a lime green stripe 32 Active Thunder with 1150s with CMIs & noise tickets every weekend in Michigan City ,RHR sold it to Heath in northern Michigan 07/04/2002 and the rest is history think a cow kicked over a lantern or something like that
South Haven = Yes

Bobby H. who raced it in Floida I have a vhs somewhere, owned it before RHR, and had family in Michigan ran with Danny C. the other 32 A T the yellow NO LIMIT
WOW that was long ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.