Notices

Alex Bay?

Old 06-29-2010, 06:09 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by t-islands
Mixguy, I am not far from you over on Grindstone Island, Picton Channel. I went by your bay last Sunday. I believe I am the only 25 Powerplay on the river, stop in and say hello anytime.
t-islands, were you in Dodge Bay or just cruzin by on your way to Cape Vincent? Nobody goes to CV.

Are you near Stillwater point(?) I think that is the name of the point over there.

My boathouse is in Rose Bay and the water level finally came up enough to float my boat.

This weekend will be my first time out this year.

Ken
Old 06-29-2010, 06:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by cuposterchild
Cannot get up there in the truck on one tank of gas so need to stop once usually in Utica. Takes me consistantly five and a half hours. Few weeks ago managed Five and a quarter but that is super rare and traffic was non-existant. Yeah blowing the coupler would DEFINTATELY ruin your day! Gonna have to meet up down your way once I have new boat. Thinking about twins next which is definately going to be a shock on those runs to Kingston where it used to take only half a tank in the old boat!
Five and a half hours is really running on the pump.

Do you run into Syracuse or run up 12 out of Utica?

It takes me over a hour to travel the first 50 miles to the MASSPIKE as I have to take RT 8 North and you just can't make any time on it. It's a 3 hour ride to Utica and then another 2 hours 15 min to the river.

Worth the drive.

Ken
Old 06-29-2010, 08:04 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=minxguy;3147124]Five and a half hours is really running on the pump.

It takes me over a hour to travel the first 50 miles to the MASSPIKE as I have to take RT 8 North and you just can't make any time on it. It's a 3 hour ride to Utica and then another 2 hours 15 min to the river.

Worth the drive.

Ken[/QUOTE

I am lucky that from the office downtown and my house I am easy on/off to the highway. I set the cruise to 73-75 and just take 91 and Masspike/Thruway till Utica. I jump off there and take 26/12 up through Ft Drum and then cut over in Evans Mills and then pickup 37 just outside Redwood. Yeah Rt 8 up in that stretch is a nice drive if you have no where to be other than that it is tough. Route is about the same takes me 3 hours to Utica and exactly 2hr 15 from Utica toll to my driveway up North. I would say if you are going to Alex Bay or South 81 is the better route...that is about the break even on which way to go depending on where you are on the river. I agree long drive but still worth it...heading up thursday night after work and working up there Friday. If you ever see a black ranger with a Superboat sticker in the back window you know where it is going!
Eliot
Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=cuposterchild;3147196]
Originally Posted by minxguy
Five and a half hours is really running on the pump.

Worth the drive.

Ken[/QUOTE

I am lucky that from the office downtown and my house I am easy on/off to the highway. I set the cruise to 73-75 and just take 91 and Masspike/Thruway till Utica. I jump off there and take 26/12 up through Ft Drum and then cut over in Evans Mills and then pickup 37 just outside Redwood. Yeah Rt 8 up in that stretch is a nice drive if you have no where to be other than that it is tough. Route is about the same takes me 3 hours to Utica and exactly 2hr 15 from Utica toll to my driveway up North. I would say if you are going to Alex Bay or South 81 is the better route...that is about the break even on which way to go depending on where you are on the river. I agree long drive but still worth it...heading up thursday night after work and working up there Friday. If you ever see a black ranger with a Superboat sticker in the back window you know where it is going!
Eliot
Eliot, other than your right turn on 37, we must be with in an hour of each other.

I will look for a black ranger.

Please don't let common sense and fear get in your way of driving up to the river.

Where do you normally "grab a bite"

Ken
Old 06-29-2010, 12:52 PM
Registered
Gold Member

[QUOTE=minxguy;3147442]
Eliot, other than your right turn on 37, we must be with in an hour of each other.
I will look for a black ranger.
Please don't let common sense and fear get in your way of driving up to the river.
Where do you normally "grab a bite"
Ken
HA too funny....I am kinda all business. Usually if I stop anywhere it is in Lowville at Jreck and eat it when I get up there or grab something at the grocery store in Utica if I have to stop on the way up.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:38 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stay away from this guy...he is trouble! haha jk. How's it going Tim? How's the PP running? You liking the outboards?
Eliot, going well, I am a little slow on getting the boat out this year. PP is running good for an old girl and yes I really like the outboards. Glad to be back with outboards, in my opinion sooo much easier.

I am on the river the week of July 28th, if you are around let me know.
Old 07-01-2010, 09:42 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by minxguy
t-islands, were you in Dodge Bay or just cruzin by on your way to Cape Vincent? Nobody goes to CV.

Are you near Stillwater point(?) I think that is the name of the point over there.

My boathouse is in Rose Bay and the water level finally came up enough to float my boat.

This weekend will be my first time out this year.

Ken
Mix, we were on our way to the cape, enjoying the end of the weekend and the fact that the rain stopped.

I am on Swiftwater Point, if you see the blue and white PP at the dock stop in.
Old 07-03-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

WOW!! Here I thought I had it rough when I had to wait for a ferry or two!! 5 or 6 hour drive? THATS a haul!

MIGHT just be "wishful thinking" on my part, but, I was at the cottage for 3 days this week and I am pretty sure the water level has actually gone UP since the last time I had been there? Not as high as I would like, but, definately not as low as it was in late Spring, if it stays this high all summer AND we keep those damn Asian Carp out of the River I will be one happy boy!

I seen a few nice Fountains when I was out yesterday and a fellow who I beleive is about 1 concession rd down from me on Wolfe Island in REALLY stout "Outerlimits" with 1075's in it, he was movin too!

Michael
Old 07-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Registered
Gold Member

Originally Posted by n20michael
WOW!! Here I thought I had it rough when I had to wait for a ferry or two!! 5 or 6 hour drive? THATS a haul!

MIGHT just be "wishful thinking" on my part, but, I was at the cottage for 3 days this week and I am pretty sure the water level has actually gone UP since the last time I had been there? Not as high as I would like, but, definately not as low as it was in late Spring, if it stays this high all summer AND we keep those damn Asian Carp out of the River I will be one happy boy!
Wouldn't get your hopes up. Word from the NYS Power Authroity is that they have had most of the turbines shut down up the damn in Massena on the NY side and been pooling water. Thought is they will be getting them fired back up soon which mean bye-bye water levels!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:14 AM
Registered

Cup, you have to find a better place to grab a bite than Jreck.

t-islands, I will come looking for ya.

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.