Notices

higgins/torch lake

Old 07-27-2010, 06:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratz, come on a litte more north up 2 Charlevoix some X!!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wrinkleface
Congratz, come on a litte more north up 2 Charlevoix some X!!
U just want me to park by Ur boat to make me look inferior! Lmao jk yeah maybe ill have to get up there one of these weekends and go for a ride in Ur boat!
Old 07-27-2010, 03:40 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by THE 288 KID
U just want me to park by Ur boat to make me look inferior! Lmao jk yeah maybe ill have to get up there one of these weekends and go for a ride in Ur boat!
have a couple of my best friends that moved 2 Charlevoix from Laingsburg!!
Old 07-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Registered

No ****? Who's that?
Old 07-27-2010, 06:14 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

Ive got a place on higgins, been on the water there my whole life. Never encountered this old codger I don't think. But then again I was on a 17 century and a 20 sea ray signature lmao. When's the last time u spotted this guy?
I think it was two years ago when I got a ticket there. He pulled me over an ripped into me big time. First thing he said was "You wanna drive like that go back to Lake St. Clair". I was running in a straight line! He went on telling me people trying to enjoy their dinner didn't want to hear my load ass boat.

When he couldn't pin anything on me he wrote me a ticket for "improper registration" because I didn't have block letters. He was a total ass. Hopefully he is retired now.

I could probably dig up a copy of my ticket and get his name. LOL

Last edited by onesickpantera; 07-27-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2010, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

sweet boat 288! I think we are heading to Grand Haven fro coastguard fest this weekend and next. Haven't been to Higgins but will make it before the end of summer.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by onesickpantera
I think it was two years ago when I got a ticket there. He pulled me over an ripped into me big time. First thing he said was "You wanna drive like that go back to Lake St. Clair". I was running in a straight line! He went on telling me people trying to enjoy their dinner didn't want to hear my load ass boat.

When he couldn't pin anything on me he wrote me a ticket for "improper registration" because I didn't have block letters. He was a total ass. Hopefully he is retired now.

I could probably dig up a copy of my ticket and get his name. LOL
What a Dick.... got me scared now!

Originally Posted by Drock78
sweet boat 288! I think we are heading to Grand Haven fro coastguard fest this weekend and next. Haven't been to Higgins but will make it before the end of summer.
might be at grand haven next weekend aswell! Lemme no when Ur heading to higgins for sure. Last guy tried talkin to there was a Dick, he had Baja syndrome lmao
Old 07-28-2010, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

What a Dick.... got me scared now!
Yes he was quite the dick! I stick to the Bay and Torch now.

I couldn't find a copy of the ticket but I found some other paperwork. I got the ticket in June of 07 so he may be gone now.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered

Most cops on the water are part time reserves and a lot of them are definately wana-b hardazzes. We were at torch last year at the sandbar and some white trash guy came flying up in his clapped out 16' 70's checkmate and nearly hit us and a couple other boats. Everyone was immediately pissed off at him and he was totally oblivious to everyone around him. There's a bunch of kids, including mine walking around in the water and he walks about 20 yards upwind and sparks up a bowl and starts smoking down! The guy was already hammered on something and had three kids that all looked under 10 who were with him.

The guy was scrambling back to his boat as one of the marine deputies comes crusing by. I walked over and mentioned to him I didn't think they guy had any business driving those little kids out of there. A guy from another boat comes over and asks if we're talking about the guy who was just smoking weed and tells the deputy about him smoking weed by all our kids. The deputy then tells us there's nothing he can do because he didn't see the weed or him driving. At that point I pulled up anchor and moved across the sandbar with a couple other boats that were thinking the same thing I was. We even told the guy he had three little kids with him too! I'm sure if the guys registration was expired he would have been over there in a heartbeat to write a ticket but wanted nothing to do with putting his hands on the guy or doing any real policework!

Just realize the majority of the marine patrols up north are generally part time summer positions by guys who generally can't get a full time job for one reason or another. I'm not saying there's not good marine patrol deputies out there, but it seems like most of the stories and contact I've had have been not so positive.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:50 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was at Higgins for the first part of last week, took the wife and kids down to South state park on wedensday to play on the beach. I anchored outside the swim area and was just sitting on the boat listening to the radio, was one of the only boats out there being midweek and early in the day. The marine patrol came scooting over and floated a hundred yards away from me for over an hour, like they were waiting for me to leave or something. Kind of bugged me,(midweek, no drinking etc, wife and kids with me, hardly anyone on the water) like they were looking to check me out or ticket for something. They finally must have gotten bored of waiting and took off, but it still bugged me to sit there being watched like some jailbird out on work detail. BTW nice boat 288, will look for you next time we are up there.

Last edited by hotjava66; 07-28-2010 at 06:52 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.