Old 08-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Done..Is this home builder Ralph?
Old 08-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 1,819 Likes on 711 Posts

Done.
I watched them build that place and this is absolute BS!
Old 08-19-2011, 06:20 PM
Registered

That used to be my favorite cove. My parents would tie up back there in the early 80's. It was a shame they put that marina in for just the sail boaters. What else is a shame is there are still sailboats at the main marina taking up spots. Its really all a bunch of crap especially when they have a WHOLE LAKE to themselves only a few more miles down the road.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:46 PM
Registered

Default Yep.

Originally Posted by bobonthis
That used to be my favorite cove. My parents would tie up back there in the early 80's. It was a shame they put that marina in for just the sail boaters. What else is a shame is there are still sailboats at the main marina taking up spots. Its really all a bunch of crap especially when they have a WHOLE LAKE to themselves only a few more miles down the road.
That was "boaters cove" wasn't it?? The man always screwed up that lake anyhow. I got in more trouble w/them there than everywhere else combined. They used to have cops in the woods w/binoculars watching for open containers on boats. They'd radio in a patrol boat when they saw some one!
Watched them stop a ski boat one time, while pulling a skier to look for beer!
Back in my kneel down racing days I was testing there one very early spring day and blew the boat over backwards. Was there by myself and had to swim back to the ramp pulling the upside down boat. Finally made it to the ramp to find a waiting ranger who gave me a ticket for speeding in a now wake zone! Wasn't even any markers in the water. February/March. Was the only boat on the lake.
Whacked one leg pretty good going out of the boat and was bleeding pretty good and the cop didn't say a word. Handed me the ticket and walked away.
Awesome lake for boating, horrible law enforcement.
Did manage to also have more than my share of fun on that lake though.

Hell the sailors already have Hoover to them selves.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
That was "boaters cove" wasn't it?? The man always screwed up that lake anyhow. I got in more trouble w/them there than everywhere else combined. They used to have cops in the woods w/binoculars watching for open containers on boats. They'd radio in a patrol boat when they saw some one!
Watched them stop a ski boat one time, while pulling a skier to look for beer!
Back in my kneel down racing days I was testing there one very early spring day and blew the boat over backwards. Was there by myself and had to swim back to the ramp pulling the upside down boat. Finally made it to the ramp to find a waiting ranger who gave me a ticket for speeding in a now wake zone! Wasn't even any markers in the water. February/March. Was the only boat on the lake.
Whacked one leg pretty good going out of the boat and was bleeding pretty good and the cop didn't say a word. Handed me the ticket and walked away.
Awesome lake for boating, horrible law enforcement.
Did manage to also have more than my share of fun on that lake though.

Hell the sailors already have Hoover to them selves.
Yes that was the first boaters cove. I will agree that the law enforcement there is the worst. They still have cops in the woods with binoculars and now they have unmarked boats sitting in the new swim cove that call into patrol if they see a can or drinking. Its funny cause you can go to buckeye lake, which has bars on it and no cop trouble. My family used to have a house out there and many times the boats leaving the bar would go full tilt down the lake at 1 or 2 am with no lights..no lake patrol to be found..Of coarse one night at Alum Creek I was cruising back and forgot to turn my swim pad lights off that were blue and you would of thought I killed someone the way lake patrol came up on me.
Old 08-20-2011, 04:13 AM
Registered

Default Last few times I....

Originally Posted by bobonthis
Yes that was the first boaters cove. I will agree that the law enforcement there is the worst. They still have cops in the woods with binoculars and now they have unmarked boats sitting in the new swim cove that call into patrol if they see a can or drinking. Its funny cause you can go to buckeye lake, which has bars on it and no cop trouble. My family used to have a house out there and many times the boats leaving the bar would go full tilt down the lake at 1 or 2 am with no lights..no lake patrol to be found..Of coarse one night at Alum Creek I was cruising back and forgot to turn my swim pad lights off that were blue and you would of thought I killed someone the way lake patrol came up on me.
over nighted there we stayed just north of the RT 36 bridge or in the coves farther north. By the bridge, being open and all no wake made it next to impossible for them to sneak up on you and farther north they just didn't go that far.
Actually a couple of decent coves up that way. Too bad that end of the lake is all no wake because it is really pretty up that way.
Great rea when the leaves are changing.
For fun on a smaller inland lake, you can't beat Buckeye.
Old 08-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
over nighted there we stayed just north of the RT 36 bridge or in the coves farther north. By the bridge, being open and all no wake made it next to impossible for them to sneak up on you and farther north they just didn't go that far.
Actually a couple of decent coves up that way. Too bad that end of the lake is all no wake because it is really pretty up that way.
Great rea when the leaves are changing.
For fun on a smaller inland lake, you can't beat Buckeye.
Past 36/37 they made that a no swim area again..so nobody ties up there. Its really a wasted part of the lake. The cove before that is still open (swing cove) but they went through last year and cut all the trees down close to the water so nobody could hang a rope swing from the trees anymore. Buckeye Lake now has blue algae so there are only a few spots you can go there..plus it only avgs about 5ft deep! There are a few 40fters and tons of 30ft boats up there now. Kinda nuts!
Old 08-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Registered

Yes this is builder Ralph.

I have also been coming to this cove to swim since long before this marina. I have the scarab 33, blue white and yellow. I usually stay in that area because I have family and friends that dock sailboats there.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

I know who you are..you know who I am if you saw me. That is odd that you are leading this or campaining this because you are one of the few powerboaters left who actually use that cove and are friends with a few of them. I want to say you even take them on the poker run. As you know from all the powerboat club probs on getting the docks you might have a tough battle on your hands. I would say organize something where you can get everybody you know to tie up back there and let the motors run and music play..or again make laps plowing during thier races. Just something to say thanks for nothing. I feel like we have always obeyed and played by thier rules for the races and have never had any issues on saying they cannot use the main marina..etc..Its sad that we do have hoover just down the road where they have the whole entire lake to themselves but yet want to do the same to Alum.
Old 08-22-2011, 01:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Ralphy
Yes this is builder Ralph.

I have also been coming to this cove to swim since long before this marina. I have the scarab 33, blue white and yellow. I usually stay in that area because I have family and friends that dock sailboats there.
Ralph F?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.