Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit) >

Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)

Notices

Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)

Old 12-05-2010, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for Good Vinyl Work (Cockpit)

I have a 2003 Velocity 260 that needs a complete cockpit vinyl rework including engine cover/sundeck. All panels are plastic, not wood and all foam is in perfect shape. I purchased the boat as a repo that was left in Vegas sun, so the vinyl lost all color. All of the vinyl is intact and un ripped but looks like $hit. Anyway I have complete interior removed from the boat an looking for a reliable person to do the work. I have been quoted $3500 from a shop down the road. I have no idea if that is high, low, or spot on..... My requirement is, all work obviously must be high quality, but also need to replicate the factory set up exactly. I am located in the Downriver MI area (Wyandotte to be exact). Anyone know of some shops or privaters that are local and do excellent work?
Old 12-05-2010, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only place to go is XT Innovations in Bucyrus Ohio if you want it done right and they are only a few hours from you Ed 419-721-1778
Old 12-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
I have a 2003 Velocity 260 that needs a complete cockpit vinyl rework including engine cover/sundeck. All panels are plastic, not wood and all foam is in perfect shape. I purchased the boat as a repo that was left in Vegas sun, so the vinyl lost all color. All of the vinyl is intact and un ripped but looks like $hit. Anyway I have complete interior removed from the boat an looking for a reliable person to do the work. I have been quoted $3500 from a shop down the road. I have no idea if that is high, low, or spot on..... My requirement is, all work obviously must be high quality, but also need to replicate the factory set up exactly. I am located in the Downriver MI area (Wyandotte to be exact). Anyone know of some shops or privaters that are local and do excellent work?
There was a place that people were sending skins to in order to have them duplicated. If you're comfortable removing and re-installing it might be a good option.

May want to post the idea in the boating on a budget forum if you're interested in it.
Old 12-05-2010, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

low psi, I have seen Ed's boat interior in person, outstanding workmanship. When I need anything done to my interior, I will be taking it to them.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
There was a place that people were sending skins to in order to have them duplicated. If you're comfortable removing and re-installing it might be a good option.

May want to post the idea in the boating on a budget forum if you're interested in it.
Copycat covers in florida. I used them for 1 panel that got screwed up on my boat. you send them the skin and they copy it. i was happy with the results and the price however like anything else, i have read some bad stories about the place in other forums here. i would use them again.
Old 12-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not ship back to the Velocity factory?
Old 12-05-2010, 10:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
Why not ship back to the Velocity factory?
I don't think shipping an entire interior back to the factory would be very cost effective.......

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
only place to go is XT Innovations in Bucyrus Ohio if you want it done right and they are only a few hours from you Ed 419-721-1778
I sent XT an email this evening with the link below. Hopefully they can give me a ballpark price based on the pics and measurements I took.

http://site.activesportsunglasses.co...rior_work.html

Last edited by low_psi; 12-05-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Old 01-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another vote for XT. Seen they're work up close and its A+.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

low psi,
Any update on this? Did you talk to XT? Kind of interested myself.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:14 PM
Registered

I ended up going with a local guy. XT offered a very competative price, actually exactly what my local guy and another shop quoted. XT even offered to pick up the parts from me while they had a driver in town. I just prefer when possible to keep my money local......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.