Bolles or Toledo Beach?

Notices

Bolles or Toledo Beach?

Old 01-18-2011, 07:38 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bolles or Toledo Beach?

I'm getting back into boating this summer after an absence of almost 10 years due to a job move 1 hour north of Dayton. (I had a 30' Scarab with twin 500's.) I'll be boating in a 38 Ft. Powerquest Avenger and am pretty excited about it. I'm looking at "outside rack" storage. Looking for comments/ recomendations as to Bolles or Toledo Beach. One positive about Bolles - about $100 cheaper per month. THANKS!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

There is also peir 75 on the river
Old 01-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Default Pier 75

Is it really about 9.5 miles from their location to get out in the lake? I have this program that I used to calculate the distance & am not sure how accurate it is....
Old 01-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Don OHIO
Is it really about 9.5 miles from their location to get out in the lake? I have this program that I used to calculate the distance & am not sure how accurate it is....
never measured it, im guessing 1.5 mile at most, but it's prolly 70% no wake, so it feel's like 20 mile
Old 01-18-2011, 10:59 AM
Registered

I would say your program is fairly accurate. That is one of the places I checked out when I was offered a job down there.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Don OHIO
Yes, that seems about right.

One other thing about Pier 75 is you have to run the gauntlet. By running the gauntlet I mean every phucking law enforcement agency in Toledo/Northwest Ohio that has a boat, sits downtown or nearby and attempts to pull over every boat they can.
Old 01-18-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

From the high level bridge to the new bridge is no wake basicly just in front of the food docks is no wake the rest is go daddy go.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how far is it from the lake to the docks where metropolis is or i should say how long would it take to get there and how long would it take to get there from the islands
Old 01-19-2011, 12:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Ebay Ed
how far is it from the lake to the docks where metropolis is or i should say how long would it take to get there and how long would it take to get there from the islands
Depends where you consider 'the lake' starting from the river. It's about 40 miles from PIB give or take, so depending how fast you cruise would be how long it takes. You have to swing north a bit before heading uprive when you come back from the islands. There is a radar bouy that is usually a good point to shoot for, most people usually come back into the channel between the radar bouy and the lighthouse.

So from the Toledo Lighthouse to the Docks (or what's left of them) it's about 13 miles, and from PIB to the lighthouse it's about 27 miles.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:40 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

where do you guys,,,that rack store at toledo beach,,or bolles harbor,,,hang out at,,,,i know hot hole is close,,,what else is close,,,like if i wanted to spend a couple hours just hanging out or go for a quick swim,,,not a forty mile run

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.