Michigan Poker/Fun Runs >

Michigan Poker/Fun Runs

Notices

Michigan Poker/Fun Runs

Old 02-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts
Default Michigan Poker/Fun Runs

I need to get up to Grand Rapids some time this summer on business. The timing is pretty flexible. Are there any Poker/Fun Runs going on in that neck of the woods? i don't think that I want to do a Lake Michigan run, but maybe one of the inland lakes? Thanks
Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 36Tango
I need to get up to Grand Rapids some time this summer on business. The timing is pretty flexible. Are there any Poker/Fun Runs going on in that neck of the woods? i don't think that I want to do a Lake Michigan run, but maybe one of the inland lakes? Thanks
I don't know about the East side of Michigan, but us West coasters get out of the little lakes and get out on the "Big Lake" as fast as we can, whenever we can!
Old 02-11-2011, 05:47 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by 36Tango
The Saber Forum is a good place to post that question, there are are alot of Saber Guys on that side of the state. They would know of the local stuff.
on the east side you could do a few in Lake Erie out of Detroit, Cleveland, or Port Clinton. Further north Traverse City. Although if you can't make a run, Lake Michigan and the west side of the state is beautiful and worth the trip. Do some research about Grand Haven before you put your boat in there, they have a strictly enforced noise ordinance. Hope this helps some.
Pat
Old 02-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We have a thing here called Hot Boat weekend it is the weekend after Labor day. It is just a bunch of people from all over that bring there boats up, and it is run what you brung
Old 02-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Registered

We will have our 2011 events up on LEOPA.com.
Old 02-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Registered

Dont worry to much about Grand Haven and noise...They were big on it for a couple years because of complaints. With no more complaints, things have been good. Idling around with two big motors is not advised. Better to lay low than bring attention to yourself. For a big single...if you idle as low as it will go when going by you will likely be fine. Now days you will only be messed with if you are making a wake, going to fast, and being loud all together.

No fun runs or poker runs over here. Hot Boat weekend (Hardy Dam, 45 min. north) is more of a week long gathering of fast boats during the week, but mainly on the weekend after Labor day. (Awesome time, but still no runs. Lots of racing) Coast Guard Fest is a riot if you like lots of people and big parties on the water. (on the last weekend only) During the week there is alot of stuff to do during the festival. During that same weekend is the races in Michigan City.

Send A PM when you are close to coming. If something comes up close by I will post.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TC Bay Blast it Traverse City was a nice run last year. Havent gotten any info on this year yet though.
Old 02-26-2011, 07:58 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little farther north from TC we do the Boyne Thunder run out of Boyne City! There is some Lake MI run'n though 2 Beaver Island & back! Check out Boynethunder.com!!!!! Good luck! Tracy
Old 02-27-2011, 04:41 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

There is talk about tc bay blast for 2011! Another idea for a inland lake poker run is on the torch lake one.
Old 03-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

Any dates set yet for any of the summer runs. I am pretty flexible, but need to get up to Grand Rapids on business, so it would be nice to be fairly close. Here is what I am thinking about dragging up with me.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3495226...7626326435654/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.