Old 03-29-2011, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts
Default jobbie nooner

whos goin? do's and dont's?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:39 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't leave your boat tied to strangers and walk away, it will get untied and abandoned and need to go back to mitcher t for touch ups. Don't Talk **** to any Sunsation owner, they will pull a flare gun. Take extra beer for titty trading, recommend brand: good cheap bush light.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I disagree and why we go as a group with the Lake St.Clair Run. Everyone watches out for each others stuff.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI the lake St clair run is the day after jobbie check out the site cuz we have roughly 30 boats that go to jobbie together and we raft up together to avoid any problems. Irish beat me to it

Last edited by drpete3; 03-29-2011 at 10:06 AM. Reason: Irish beat me to it
Old 03-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by drpete3
FYI the lake St clair run is the day after jobbie check out the site cuz we have roughly 30 boats that go to jobbie together and we raft up together to avoid any problems. Irish beat me to it
Well it's actually the whole weekend, but we use Jobbienooner as one of the days to have a huge party thats already planned plus allows 30 boats to be tied up in one area. Works great as a group.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishtornado
Well it's actually the whole weekend, but we use Jobbienooner as one of the days to have a huge party thats already planned plus allows 30 boats to be tied up in one area. Works great as a group.
I like the sounds of it. Not sure if I can get the day off for jobbie but ill be there for the fun run
Old 03-29-2011, 12:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Drock78
I like the sounds of it. Not sure if I can get the day off for jobbie but ill be there for the fun run
Hope you can make whole weekend but 1 day is better than none.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:19 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get there before 11am, or you'll have to park where the water is over your head and swim to shore (and its damn cold). I get to the island around 11:00, and everything is generally fine. You'd be better served to get there closer to 10:00, but I can't seem to get everyone to the dock on time.

If you're going to drive home I would stay away from liquor. It's a suckers game on that particular day. I used to have about 4-6 beers when I'm there, and stop drinking an hour or so before I leave. Lately I haven't even been doing that. I kind of just go for the show now (and it's mostly a trainwreck, there are very few good looking women on the island).

Set your own anchor, front and rear is best. I set two and let people tie up to me. I leave when the pub closes (usually the party ends around 6ish, sometimes 7 at the latest, and most people go to Browns), so its no big deal for anyone to untie from my boat and leave.

Make sure you bring over-sized fenders/bumpers. People like to fly past the island through the Channel and to Muskamoot Bay and it can get pretty choppy if you're not right near the island. $150 for a couple of large fenders is a lot better than needing $500+ in glass/paint work.

+1 on extra beer. I generally bring an extra case of beer because it always seems to get gone. Bring food too! It's a long day out there. I bring subs. If you're in the S.C.S. area 13 and Harper, Kings deli/party store has a sub that is like a 2' party sub (a smaller version of the 4-6 foot subs, you cut it short ways). They easily feed 3-4 people for $7, and they're damn good.

Bringing liquor or pre-made shots is fun too, just don't over-do it and drive home. The cops have always been pretty cool with me, but it is a huge head-ache if you get busted.
Old 03-29-2011, 12:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Get there before 11am, or you'll have to park where the water is over your head and swim to shore (and its damn cold). I get to the island around 11:00, and everything is generally fine. You'd be better served to get there closer to 10:00, but I can't seem to get everyone to the dock on time.

If you're going to drive home I would stay away from liquor. It's a suckers game on that particular day. I used to have about 4-6 beers when I'm there, and stop drinking an hour or so before I leave. Lately I haven't even been doing that. I kind of just go for the show now (and it's mostly a trainwreck, there are very few good looking women on the island).

Set your own anchor, front and rear is best. I set two and let people tie up to me. I leave when the pub closes (usually the party ends around 6ish, sometimes 7 at the latest, and most people go to Browns), so its no big deal for anyone to untie from my boat and leave.

Make sure you bring over-sized fenders/bumpers. People like to fly past the island through the Channel and to Muskamoot Bay and it can get pretty choppy if you're not right near the island. $150 for a couple of large fenders is a lot better than needing $500+ in glass/paint work.

+1 on extra beer. I generally bring an extra case of beer because it always seems to get gone. Bring food too! It's a long day out there. I bring subs. If you're in the S.C.S. area 13 and Harper, Kings deli/party store has a sub that is like a 2' party sub (a smaller version of the 4-6 foot subs, you cut it short ways). They easily feed 3-4 people for $7, and they're damn good.

Bringing liquor or pre-made shots is fun too, just don't over-do it and drive home. The cops have always been pretty cool with me, but it is a huge head-ache if you get busted.
Before 11am???

We get there at 8-9am, but I guess 30 boats is harder to get in there than 1
Old 03-29-2011, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just looked out the window and still see ice floating down the river............ And we are already talking Jobbie. I am just hoping to have my interior back by then.......... (by the looks of the finished panels it will be worth the wait).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.