Notices

Cedar Point Docks

Old 05-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cedar Point Docks

So, I am thinking about a trip across Erie to Cedar Point on Tuesday. What is the story at the Docks. I am only planning on staying the day (no overnight). Do I need to make a reservation? Is it first come first serve? Thanx!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:39 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
So, I am thinking about a trip across Erie to Cedar Point on Tuesday. What is the story at the Docks. I am only planning on staying the day (no overnight). Do I need to make a reservation? Is it first come first serve? Thanx!

We always made reservations. The restaurant near the docks is pretty decent. We always left in the evening, made it there in about an 1.5 hours give or take (depending on how much fuel we wanted to burn... the 1.5 hours was basically running approximately 45ish), and stayed over night.

It's absolutely awesome to wake up to the sound of the Cedar Point trains at 5:30-6:00am, cook breakfast in the parking lot, and head to the park right as they open.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I had heard a rumor that Cedar Point marina wasn't letting in boats with straight exhaust anymore...I can't remember where/when I heard it so it may not even be true...
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by c_deezy
I thought I had heard a rumor that Cedar Point marina wasn't letting in boats with straight exhaust anymore...I can't remember where/when I heard it so it may not even be true...
Ran 50ish across the lake. We made it right around 1hr and 10min. Pulled in yesterday morning @ 9:30am. Tied up to the docks, toweled off the boat and was in the park by 10:00am. We were the only boat in the day docks.... I had no problem with my exhaust, no one said a word. Hit every coaster by 6:00pm, took a shower @ the marina, had dinner @ Famous Daves on the docks, left by 7:30. Wind was up a bit so we ran home around 40ish....... That is the ONLY way to go to Cedar Point!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

definately no traffic and if you stay the night you get in an hour earlier than the general public
Old 06-02-2011, 09:55 AM
Registered

Havnt been to cedar point by boat in years let me know how it goes as well as dockage details for a day trip.
Old 06-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by laszlo01
Havnt been to cedar point by boat in years let me know how it goes as well as dockage details for a day trip.
See 2 posts above
Old 06-03-2011, 08:12 AM
Registered

Glad to here your trip went well. I'm planning on going this summer by boat as well. Anyone know how much it is for an overnight slip?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:07 AM
Registered

They have a link on the cedar point home page for the Marina. There it has all of the rates listed. Day was cheap. I paid $19.50 for the day, for my Velcoity 260. I believe the was $0.75 a foot.

Here is a link direct to the rates page, http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/par...as/dockage.cfm .
Old 06-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by low_psi
Ran 50ish across the lake. We made it right around 1hr and 10min. Pulled in yesterday morning @ 9:30am. Tied up to the docks, toweled off the boat and was in the park by 10:00am. We were the only boat in the day docks.... I had no problem with my exhaust, no one said a word. Hit every coaster by 6:00pm, took a shower @ the marina, had dinner @ Famous Daves on the docks, left by 7:30. Wind was up a bit so we ran home around 40ish....... That is the ONLY way to go to Cedar Point!!!
^^ This ^^

I'm up at Harbor Hill Marina so I have to run down the river 1st. Gonna add some time.....
My luck a small craft advisory and 10ft waves would be waiting for me when I tried to get back home.

mb.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.