Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Tour the Lakes, Madison, WI   August 6th >

Tour the Lakes, Madison, WI August 6th

Notices

Tour the Lakes, Madison, WI August 6th

Old 07-15-2011, 03:11 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Here is some information on the Lock Passes. I found a website that allows purchasing of the 1 day pass for $5 online, and then printing out the receipt. This would be the way to go for the folks that don't have the annual pass. That way no one would need to dock up before the locks and jump out and get their passes before locking back up stream. It's a pain in the butt, and there is limited dock space. It looks like we can get the pass a week ahead of time, otherwise wait until Friday night as then we know what the weather is doing.

https://www.reservedane.com/permits/purchase.aspx
Old 07-15-2011, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When is this happening? I live in stevens point and get down that way once in awhile. [email protected]
Old 07-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Saturday, August 6th.
Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Couple quick questions. We're going to be on the Mississippi the 6th but I'm taking the day off tomorrow to check out the Madison lakes.

Where would you suggest launching on the East side, I'm coming from Lake Mills?
Also where is a good spot to stop & swim on Monona or Waubesa?
Oh and where's Picnic point on Lake Mendota ? I've only been there one time and I think we launched with you guys from Middleton, the exact opposite of where I'm starting from this time.
Thanks, Chad

Last edited by wowchad; 07-21-2011 at 12:02 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Registered

I like Warner Park on the east side of Mendota because it's fast and easy. From 1-90 take the 30 exit and follow it in to the end,(Sherman Ave) take a right, go to the first stop light and turn left . Follow it through a residential neighborhood to the ramp. It's fast and a pretty straight shot.

On Menona there is a ramp on the east side but I think it is shallow and weedy. I would take 12-18 west to Nolan Dr. go north about a mile to Olin Park which is on the right side just past the colleseum. That is on the west side of Menona and a good place to launch.

Cloudmaster may chime in and know better as he lives up there.

Last edited by Revd Up; 07-21-2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old 07-22-2011, 02:34 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the tip, we ended up using Olin park and it worked out perfectly.
I don't know how some of you with bigger boats make it through that southern channel and around the sand bar at the top of mud lake. We stopped there and didn't go down to Lake Waubesa. Our little 22'er was churning up plenty of brown stuff going through the channel.
All and all it was a great boating day and we even went through the little lock and drove up to Nauti Gal for a couple drinks and dinner. I was there one time before on a fun run the year before all the tickets were handed out...but we couldn't find Picnic point this time. The row team was out in full force near the area so I didn't spend much time looking.
Thanks again and if something changes with our Mississippi trip I'd for sure love to tag along with you'all, I really liked those Madison lakes. Chad
Old 07-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Registered

That is real shallow just south of that sand bar. I keep my drive all the way up through there. I think it's only about 3 ft deep.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered

We were thinking of coming but don't think we can fit in the lock guys! With drives and trans we are about 37' and how's the sound ordinance? We have passed at idle but wouldn't pass a pass by test hear there very cranky there about noise. Let me know what you guys think were just looking for some where to go to try out the boat before the shootout.
Old 08-01-2011, 01:23 AM
zrx
Registered

Originally Posted by B BOATER
We were thinking of coming but don't think we can fit in the lock guys! With drives and trans we are about 37' and how's the sound ordinance? We have passed at idle but wouldn't pass a pass by test hear there very cranky there about noise. Let me know what you guys think were just looking for some where to go to try out the boat before the shootout.

No problem with the locks, I have a friend that has locked through with a 42. Noise is an issue, when I was tested they tested at an idle.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by B BOATER
Hey Ryan,
I think you should be fine. I sent you a PM.
Steve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.