Like Tree0Likes

Bay City to Caseville

Old 07-26-2011, 06:18 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 38 Fountain fever. W/procharged 502's
Default Bay City to Caseville

Has anybody gone from Baycity to Caseville out in the bay? Heading there for cheeseburger fest in a few weeks. Wanna make sure I dont run into anything.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered

My Boats: htm sr24, 225hpTritoon & 04 33 daytona

Nice run but when you get to sand point there is a huge sandbar that you have to navigate through and there is a very small slot you can go through that is marked by a bouy. The sandbar goes out about a mile from sand point. We were there a couple weeks ago and watched a boat hit it a pretty good speed as I am sure they had no idea it was that far out in the water. Other than that I have never encountered a problem. When you are in caseville if you decide to go out towards the charity islands be careful as you cannot go between big charity and little charity island. I would suggest that you get a chart so you can see the sandbar that I am talking about. It is a great place to hang out if you know it's there. Rob
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Registered

My Boats: Saber 28

Ran out there last year, will be going out again this year. As said above, it is a bit dicey, especially with the water being low. If you have a good charting GPS you can run the slot off Sand Point, but it is way less than a mile wide, so be carefull. The other options are to run a bit farther out, which still only puts you in 4-6 feet of water, or follow the channel straight out past the Charities on the north side and swing back in to Caseville. If you go around the Charities give them a WIDE berth, lots of rocks that go out a long way. If you are going out Friday afternoon/evening for the second weekend we will be heading out it you want to run with our group.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:29 AM
Registered

My Boats: 2001 DONZI 38ZX

just went there, dont go over to port austin we hit rocks by the light house oh yea good time...anyways caseville you want ot make sure you have gps to show you the depths its very shallow over there
Old 07-27-2011, 05:19 PM
Registered

Thanks guys for the info. We are heading out friday morning august 12 which is the first weekend. I think heading out just past the charities is going to be the best bet. Just want to play it safe for the first time.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2017 nor-tech cc 400 R

I have boated out there for years great area as already said watch out for sand point if you dont have a good gps there are apps for smartphones that will show the area well. When coming into caseville make sure you stay in the channel were the breakwall is it get's very shallow. Boy i miss boating around there.
Old 07-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Registered

Nice Nor-Tech!!!
Old 07-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Fast Priorty II Nor-Tech
Platinum Member

My Boats: 2017 nor-tech cc 400 R

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Fever27 View Post
Nice Nor-Tech!!!
Thanks.... just took delivery in june
Old 09-15-2017, 02:33 PM
Registered

Default Vaudeville 9/16/2017

This will be our first time going to caseville by boat we have a 25ft bayliner with 9'6 beam. Is anyone heading there from Saginaw river area that we could follow over to caseville so we can learn the route? We like to leave very early Saturday morning.
thanks,
brenda