Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Ohio: Eastlake to Geneva! Are you out there! >

Ohio: Eastlake to Geneva! Are you out there!

Notices

Ohio: Eastlake to Geneva! Are you out there!

Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ohio: Eastlake to Geneva! Are you out there!

Boating is getting a little stale in our area. We have had people moving to other places to boat, Passings of close friends in our boating community and limited Quality Party moorings.

In my opinion we need a message board forum or other tool to let each other know what is going on where. "Get the party started in 2012. We need to let each other know who is going to Geneva, Coast Guard Beach, The Deck Lounge, HTP, The Different Beaches, Canada, The Islands, Sandusky Barge Party, Joby Nooner "I Like that one", Cedar Point. We are to spread out.

It would be exciting to know who is buying what or who is restoring what. It would be nice to have a monthly get together at different pubs and BS about the up in coming season. Or who got a new boob job! Important things like this.

If any one has an Idea from Eastlake to Geneva bring it on.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

IslandPirates.net covers the islands pretty well and greatlakesoffshore.com was more the toledo end but had sections for all. The Mentor bunch used to put on a couple runs a year which were always fun. SKramer and Chief Apachee here. Great bunch runs out of the Fairport Harbor/ Mentor ZOO

BajaIceBreaker Joe has been working on the run out of Cleveland the last two years. There is a great bunch up on Erie, we don't get up there enuff. Only 3hrs for us. Gonna do a few this summer.

Easiest thing to do would be to bring those sites back to life by joining in there. I check in on both from time to time.
Old 02-10-2012, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Icebreaker has done a run out of Vermilion the last two years. Then there is the run out of Lakeside in Cleveland. The east side guys (Kramer) usally puts together a pool party at Quail Hollow in March every year. They were talking about having it at a sandusky water park the last I heard. Check what Underdog said on the other sites. I have not been on them in a while to hear.
Old 04-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by legend
Boating is getting a little stale in our area. We have had people moving to other places to boat, Passings of close friends in our boating community and limited Quality Party moorings.

In my opinion we need a message board forum or other tool to let each other know what is going on where. "Get the party started in 2012. We need to let each other know who is going to Geneva, Coast Guard Beach, The Deck Lounge, HTP, The Different Beaches, Canada, The Islands, Sandusky Barge Party, Joby Nooner "I Like that one", Cedar Point. We are to spread out.

It would be exciting to know who is buying what or who is restoring what. It would be nice to have a monthly get together at different pubs and BS about the up in coming season. Or who got a new boob job! Important things like this.

If any one has an Idea from Eastlake to Geneva bring it on.
I'm there. My girlfriend and I boat out of Geneva and Ashtabula. Working on getting the Nordic re-rig finished so we can get back on the water. Used to get beat up pretty bad in my 21' Superboat, so we would hang out around the Ashtabula River to avoid chipped teeth.

We are looking for like minds as well. About all I see out there are lumbering cruisers and fishing boats. We go to the wineries a lot, so that might be a good place for a get together some time.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

Yes, looks like I'll probably be running the Hidden Treasure Poker Run out of Vermilion again. Of course, i still have to set it all up. There's been talk of moving that poker run to Olde River Yacht Club, but I think this year it's staying in Vermilion. But I'll keep everyone posted.

Here's the new T-Shirt design. This year a going to be a green year.
Old 06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Registered

Big announcement coming Tomorrow Morning about the Hidden Treasure Poker Run, including start and end points, which city will be hosting, what the lunch stop is... etc. Watch for it on Facebook... http://www.facebook.com/HiddenTreasurePokerRun
Old 12-15-2014, 04:43 PM
Registered

Let's bring it back!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/711846465567121

Reserve your discount room at the group rate of $116.10 + tax.
Call to book your reservation: 216-658-6400
Group Name: HTPR
Group ph #: 4407594576
You must reserve before Jan 2nd 2015

We need at least 10 rooms to recieve the discount... more than 15 and we will get an additional discount at payment time.

Offshore Performance Boaters!!!

Hidden Treasure Poker Run proudly presents the 2015 Winter Pool Party!

Participants can BYOB and please bring a favorite shot of your choice to share!
Pot luck style food, so please bring your favorite dish or chips to share as well.

Pool party starts at 2 PM in the pool/jacuzzi area.
Post party will be at "The Clevelander" from 9 pm to 2 am.

Please RSVP ASAP so we can ensure the best rate available.