Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
North shore LAke Erie fun runs, groups, etc? >

North shore LAke Erie fun runs, groups, etc?

Notices

North shore LAke Erie fun runs, groups, etc?

Old 02-29-2012, 10:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default North shore LAke Erie fun runs, groups, etc?

Anyone on the North shore of Erie (Canadian side only) organize any fun runs throughout the summer? Long point, Turkey point, Dover, Leamington, etc? Would be cool to get together with some other offshores of any size for a run. I prefer not going stateside as I hear too many horror stories about customs and what a general PITA it is.
Let me know if there is anything.. Thanks!
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

we boat out of Leamington, there really isn't anything around this area that stays in Canada. We are so close to the islands that we usally always end up on the US side -- which is a good thing
as far as customs -- have all your passengers get an I-68 at the us border before crossing -- then call to check in once you dock -- all of the video phones have been removed -- and looks like this will be the last year for the I-68's also.. Everyone will need a Nexus after next year, or check in in person at customs on the US side.

We are doing our biggins poker run on June 23, leave from Pelee Island, and hit most all the other islands, there's usually around 20 boats--- maybe more this year -- and it's winner take all. All are welcome.

Dave
Old 03-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by delsol
we boat out of Leamington, there really isn't anything around this area that stays in Canada. We are so close to the islands that we usally always end up on the US side -- which is a good thing
as far as customs -- have all your passengers get an I-68 at the us border before crossing -- then call to check in once you dock -- all of the video phones have been removed -- and looks like this will be the last year for the I-68's also.. Everyone will need a Nexus after next year, or check in in person at customs on the US side.

We are doing our biggins poker run on June 23, leave from Pelee Island, and hit most all the other islands, there's usually around 20 boats--- maybe more this year -- and it's winner take all. All are welcome.

Dave
Thats how you guys do it.... I always wondered how you guys always come and go so often..
Jr.
Attached Thumbnails North shore LAke Erie fun runs, groups, etc?-kristie-dave-pictures-9-12-555.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by delsol

Dave
That is very helpful info RE the video phones being removed and I68s. didnt even know they still used those. How many miles is your poker run, is it a one day thing or a weekend event?
Old 03-11-2012, 09:55 AM
Registered

I68 is very easy, we go from states to pelee alot never had any issue's
Old 03-11-2012, 10:45 PM
Registered

The run is a one day deal. Leave pelee around 10 am, usually ends at Kelleys
Old 03-12-2012, 11:44 AM
Registered

is there a sign up for the run?
Old 03-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered

its a pretty informal run, let me know how many boats and approximately how many people so they will have enough shirts...
every boat has to buy at least one hand which is i think $125 for the first hand and $100 for each one after that per person -- the $25 covers off the shirt...

Then as i said its winner take all, the one year one guy walked away with like $8700!
Old 03-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
Trying to put together a fun run out of Long Point on July 21 . I have talked with a bunch of the local people and they tell me their all for it .Nothing fancy just a bunch of us getting together and burning some gas . Some of us are planing on staying out at the lighthouse over night , weather permitting . But I'm sure most will head in for the night .
Count me in for sure, possibly one more boat also. (as long as its not pizzing rain). Wasn't there a run from Turkey point or long point in years past? Semi-organized type thing..
Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like fun?

I was at Pottohawk two years ago and had a pretty good time.
Always wanted to go over to kellys or Put-in-Bay area.

I'm not far from Long Point. Probably trailer down to Dover and launch there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.