Like Tree0Likes

PIB first timer...advice?

Old 07-02-2012, 02:46 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Donzi 38ZX

Quote:
Originally Posted by frickstyle View Post
We went up this weekend. I have always docked at the public docks but this time stayed over at Park Place. It's new, clean, and private showers too. You can stay in your own slip. I joined as a member but you can show up, first come first served, so there is no guarantee you will get a slip. It really depends what you are into, they claim family friendly, however, it didn't stop us from turning up the tunes and having a good time on Saturday. Everyone there is pretty relaxed and accommodating. There is also a pretty good group of offshore boats that dock over there. We were over on the East end next to the monument, gets pretty shallow there so be careful.
I haven't seen those, how many slips do the have and we're can I get some info on it.

Mooring buoys go quick for some reason. A lot of sail boats tie up there and take there tenders over.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1990 Top Gun, Pursuit 3370

Quote:
Originally Posted by s022mag View Post
I haven't seen those, how many slips do the have and we're can I get some info on it.

Mooring buoys go quick for some reason. A lot of sail boats tie up there and take there tenders over.
Here you go:

Park Place boat club
http://www.parkplaceboatclub.com/

They combined with Boardwalk, it's a new place over on the east corner of downtown, by Toledo st. The place we were at wasn't very big, maybe 15-20 slips total, but they have a combined 4 docks so you should be able to find room I would think. This would be over at Dock 3 & 4.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Registered

My Boats: Saber 28

You can park overnight at Bolles Harbor or Sterling State Park, BUT you have to pay for an "overnight" stay. Learned the hard way.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Powerquest

thanks for the info everyone. Under decent condition and cruising (35-45), how long do you think the ride is from Bolles Harbor or Sterling State Park.

Frickstyle; does Park Place have vacancy on a first come first base during the weekends?
Old 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM
Registered

My Boats: 37 Active Thunder / Arneson, 28 Apache CC

[QUOTE=89gti;3724664]thanks for the info everyone. Under decent condition and cruising (35-45), how long do you think the ride is from Bolles Harbor or Sterling State Park.

Frickstyle; does Park Place have vacancy on a first come first base during the weekends?[

Figure about 45 minutes cruising at a slow speed. Stop on the south side of middle sister for a beverage and look for Perrys monument for your heading to PIB.
Old 07-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

My Boats: Saber 28

Took me less than an hour cruising at 45.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (5)

My Boats: 22 Donzi Classic 525 EFI

You're gonna cruise 35-45? This is OFF-SHORE only! We put in at north Lake St. Clair and enjoy the ride at 70-80 if conditions permit. My favorite bar is Level 2 for good dance music and dirty dancing. For food you can't beat the $6 subs at Subway! If you have the bucks then you can get a good seafood dinner. We usually go during the week when slips are plentiful. Have fun; Cruise faster
Old 07-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boats: 1990 Top Gun, Pursuit 3370

Quote:
Originally Posted by 89gti View Post
thanks for the info everyone. Under decent condition and cruising (35-45), how long do you think the ride is from Bolles Harbor or Sterling State Park.

Frickstyle; does Park Place have vacancy on a first come first base during the weekends?
No guaranteed vacancy for non-members. You can show up, and they may have a spot, or may not. Depending on what weekend you are going, it can fill up pretty fast. Check out their calendar of events (PIB website) and ask on here before you go. Some weekends docking is plentiful, others, the island can fill up on a Thursday.
Old 07-08-2012, 08:25 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 Concept 30 SF w/twin 225 OptiMax

You should have gone this weekend. Would have been a great weekend for a first timer..... We showed up Saturday Morning, and there we plenty of open public docks.... It was pretty dead compared to other weekends I have been there. Lake Erie was pretty calm both Saturday Morning and SUnday Morning.......
Old 07-08-2012, 08:39 PM
Registered

My Boats: Old 24 ciggie, 382 fastech, and a big Ole beaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_psi View Post
You should have gone this weekend. Would have been a great weekend for a first timer..... We showed up Saturday Morning, and there we plenty of open public docks.... It was pretty dead compared to other weekends I have been there. Lake Erie was pretty calm both Saturday Morning and SUnday Morning.......
You guys have a good ride home? Got a little snotty on the south side this afternoon. Nice meeting you, see you next time!