Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

I was on the Moot all day Monday.
Old 09-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
I was on the Moot all day Monday.
I didn't walk over to the line, you could not have been very far from us. I could see Z Man's boat easy from where we were. We were about 50 yards from the end of the line. A friend stopped by with his cat, he had some friends onboard we used to race with. So we stayed at the boat all day shooting the sh*t. We didn't leave the Moot till 7:00 PM, we were ready to go home after three days in a row of on the water early, and home after dark. And I was out of Captain by then anyway. If we get lucky enough to have another nice weekend, I'll be sure to look you up so we can meet in person.
Old 09-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JohnAT
I didn't walk over to the line, you could not have been very far from us. I could see Z Man's boat easy from where we were. We were about 50 yards from the end of the line. A friend stopped by with his cat, he had some friends onboard we used to race with. So we stayed at the boat all day shooting the sh*t. We didn't leave the Moot till 7:00 PM, we were ready to go home after three days in a row of on the water early, and home after dark. And I was out of Captain by then anyway. If we get lucky enough to have another nice weekend, I'll be sure to look you up so we can meet in person.
Is Z-Man the "Rockin' the Bay" boat? I was on there for awhile but the music wasn't as good as usual. Down the strip aways was a boat with a nice sound system playing dub-step and full of hotties in bikinis dancing. I hung out with them for awhile and just walked and swam around all day til I sobered up enough to drive. I was hesitant to go there alone but glad I did. Everyone is always so cool there. I hit the bottom twice heading in but didn't do any damage. I was idling with the trim up and the bullet caught sand. Had to get out and push the boat to deeper water. The stupid charts are all wrong. After watching the boats come and go and talking to some of the drivers I found the safe way in and out of the Moot. I work week-ends so the only time I hit the Moot is on week-day holidays
Old 09-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

How late in the year are people at "The Moot"?
Old 09-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Is Z-Man the "Rockin' the Bay" boat? I was on there for awhile but the music wasn't as good as usual. Down the strip aways was a boat with a nice sound system playing dub-step and full of hotties in bikinis dancing. I hung out with them for awhile and just walked and swam around all day til I sobered up enough to drive. I was hesitant to go there alone but glad I did. Everyone is always so cool there. I hit the bottom twice heading in but didn't do any damage. I was idling with the trim up and the bullet caught sand. Had to get out and push the boat to deeper water. The stupid charts are all wrong. After watching the boats come and go and talking to some of the drivers I found the safe way in and out of the Moot. I work week-ends so the only time I hit the Moot is on week-day holidays
That's the boat, years ago I used to race with his dad. You really have to watch it out there, the water is down so much. I have to climb out of my boat to get on the docks at Browns, or at Metro.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JerrodGlover
How late in the year are people at "The Moot"?
As long as the weather holds out, there will be people out there having a good time.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JohnAT
That's the boat, years ago I used to race with his dad. You really have to watch it out there, the water is down so much. I have to climb out of my boat to get on the docks at Browns, or at Metro.
Thanks. They had better DJs on Memorial day and the boat was full of ladies dancing because of it. Yes, the water is low. Thank goodness the bottom is mostly soft. Usually I avoid these shallow areas and I've gotten pretty good at finding and staying in the channels.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:13 PM
mgh
Registered

Anyone going out today?
Old 09-12-2012, 09:19 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

My Donzi is stuck on the hoist, no water. If thats not bad enuff my drive water pickups are sucking off the bottom a new black hair like algae. This algae is killing water pumps in the Salt River area. I have lived on the lake 35+ years this has to be lowest I have seen the water in September.
You would think by now the power to be would have a way to maintain water levels in the lower Great Lakes like they do with Lake Superior.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:06 PM
mgh
Registered

Originally Posted by h2oboater
My Donzi is stuck on the hoist, no water. If thats not bad enuff my drive water pickups are sucking off the bottom a new black hair like algae. This algae is killing water pumps in the Salt River area. I have lived on the lake 35+ years this has to be lowest I have seen the water in September.
You would think by now the power to be would have a way to maintain water levels in the lower Great Lakes like they do with Lake Superior.
Yes I agree, water levels are super low. I hope for a good winter to raise the level for next year. If the lake doesn't freeze or good snow, next year will be super interesting!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.