Old 02-12-2013, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a good time to me!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWYgqarIJ8c
Old 02-12-2013, 12:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on what alot of others already said about Chicago. The harbor system is nice, but you will wait years to get a slip, most start off by getting a mooring can in one of the harbors. You'll have to either have a dingy or use the tender service to get out to your boat. From their when a slip opens up in another habor they will transfer you their and I can almost guarantee it will not be at prime harbor like diversy, belmont, dusable, or burnham. Transient slips are available and is pricy, most of the harbors charge a 30 ft minimum plus water if needed and electric. If you wanna trailer and launch the boat you will pay and your friends will pay to park, then after a long day of boating you'll come back to your rig and find that some ass has either stole something or in my case backed into my trailer damaging it.
Chicago Is nice viewed from the water and checking out the differnet harbors, going down the river, and hanging out in the playpen are cool even watching the fire works on wednesday and sat nights are nice to view.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM
Registered

Well after hearing this I think I'm going to sell.

If anyone knows of someone who is interested in a 1998 Active Thunder Tantrum with stock 502 mph, PM me.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:51 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Put the boat in storage, move over here and get settled. Then decide if you really want to sell.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

A lot depends on where you will be living, and keeping the boat. If you find a place cheap, and trailer boat, its not that bad money wise. But, if you have to pay the marinas around here for storage, it definitely gets pricey.

There is the chain o lakes like mentioned. Its about a 1 hour drive from downtown with no traffic on a Saturday morning. Friday afternoon forget it. A 25 AT will be right at home there.

The big lake is rough, but there are days when it's calm. I say keep the boat, try boating around here. You just may like it enough to sell the 25 and get into a 30+ ft boat.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:53 AM
Registered

Keep the boat and move somewhere else. Chicago sucks plain and simple.
Old 02-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I did it on a 27' Baja for years,,,,have to pick and choose your days for sure.

I would plan on being a chain boater if you will be a northsider with 25 footer
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by dsparis
Keep the boat and move somewhere else. Chicago sucks plain and simple.
You guys are depressing me. Making me want to sell my boat
Old 02-13-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
You guys are depressing me. Making me want to sell my boat
LOL. Now THAT's funny!
Old 02-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Registered

I live on north side of Chicago and I keep my boat on the chain of lakes. I try to get on Lake Michigan a couple of times per season but it gets rough on windy days. Plus not to boater freindly like others have mentioned. The chain is far from perfect, but it is a fun place to boat with lots of bars, lots of different lakes and sandbars. It takes an hour to get there if you avoid traffic times. You should try a season there before selling the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.