Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
Whos going to Boyne Thunder to hang out? >

Whos going to Boyne Thunder to hang out?

Notices

Whos going to Boyne Thunder to hang out?

Old 03-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
Please if you guys see me on the water come and say Hello. Hopefullly I wont be behind a powerquest with a line tied between the 2

Nice looking boat Pete!!

Same here guys if you see me on the water feel free to come up & introduce yourself -- Mike -- Looking forward to meeting you!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by offshorexcursion
We have enjoyed both spectating and running our boat in the poker run. My advice to the group of spectators.

Have your boat put away by 5 on Friday evening to stroll the docks and downtown Boyne City on Foot. No worry about there not being dock space to tie up and spectate, you wont need your boat, only a bib to keep the drool off your shirts . The town does an AMAZING job of entertaining ALL.

To view the start of the Poker Run by boat? This is a tough one.

Lake charlevoix has a 55mph speed limit, so you don't really get much "action". But is a good spot to watch the boats trickle in at the end of the run on the way back to Boyne City.

Exiting the channel of round lake into lake Michigan sounds good in theory but is way to congested for me, as a spectator and a driver. And further out into the Lake the boats really spread out and its hard to get a view of them all.

If all the sweet power boat spectators could line up in a clear area we could fly by and put on a good show, but I have no clue on where to suggest. Could be over thinking the whole thing. Basically I just want everyone to have a great time. I remember we could never find a "good" enough spot to spectate, untill we signed up to run.

Enjoy!

Just my .02
Good info for sure! Definitely looking forward to it. I'm going to try to make it out Thursday but not sure yet.
As far as Friday goes, I think we are planning on running to charlevoix or somewhere for lunch and raft off on Lake Charlevoix for a couple hours the head back so we can get checked into our hotel room... then out on the town.

Please if you guys see me on the water come and say Hello. Hopefullly I wont be behind a powerquest with a line tied between the 2
We'll be sure to meet up Pete.

Last edited by Drock78; 03-21-2013 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:55 AM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by bill63
Thanks , Both are in Fla right now just need to figure which one is heading north for the summer.. Decisions, Decisions
Wish I had this problem! Lol
Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The year I spectated I left the boat parked and watched everyone idle out of the channel and head out in the lake from the breakwall. I happened to be on the boat coming across charlevoix when everyon was coming back, I just pulled the throttles down off plane and watched everone buzz by.

There is a lot of boats hanging out in front of the breakwall which makes things fairly congested. It was a handful outside the breakwall between watching poker run boats and spectators when we ran last year.

If I spectated again I would watch everyone take off standing on the breakwall. Then go get the boat and be somewhere between bay harbor and harbor springs for the after lunch leg of the trip.
Old 03-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Neversatisfied-
We are on the same program, other than the arrival date. We should be rolling into town Thursday afternoon...probably try to hook up with Ryan and Wrink and Blue Oval for the post-Bay Harbor run raftup. Planning on helping out Wrink with taking the kids for rides on Friday, doing the Poker Run Saturday, hanging around with the local yokels again on Sunday, then trailering over to Sheboygan, dropping in, and running up to Mac Island on Monday-Tuesday. If you want to run to the Island together, that'd be cool.

mike
We would love to get there sooner but our son graduates that Friday. Hope to run to Petosky and then up to Mac. island. weather and water conditions permitting. Love to hook up.
Old 03-21-2013, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NEVERSATISFIED
We would love to get there sooner but our son graduates that Friday. Hope to run to Petosky and then up to Mac. island. weather and water conditions permitting. Love to hook up.
We are on the same program...staying AFTER the run.
Old 03-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Pete, maybe you should get a new trailer. I think your boat may be too attached to that Eagle and gets "separation anxiety" when on the water hence all the tows........:
Old 03-21-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered

I will definitely be there this year spectating. I was there last year and was awesome. I have a few friends running in it. I parked just outside the break wall and it was a good show but there is a lot of others boats to worry about so as the driver you are always worried about everyone floating around you. I will be up Friday afternoon so we should find a place and all meet up. It's always fun to watch the big boys running around the lake. I can't wait!
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 PM
Registered

Received 234 Likes on 81 Posts

We will likely be rafted up on lake charlevoix talking boats over some chilled beverages then head back to boyne around 4-5
Old 03-21-2013, 07:55 PM
Registered

Last year we parked the boat at the first point on the east side of the lake only a few miles north of Boyne city. There is a big sang bar and i think a state park there. We sat for hours just watching the boat and drinking barly pop. I'm sure that's where we will be again. Not to bad of a place to hang out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.