Notices

Catawba Island

Old 04-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Catawba Island

Has anyone used either of the 2 launch ramps at Catawba Island in their state parks? Is one better than the other? Do they allow over night parking? I have a 32 foot boat so a bigger ramp is always nicer. Thanks for any input!!
Old 04-04-2013, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 1,828 Likes on 716 Posts
Default Trying to think where #2 is??

Originally Posted by 32WANTED
Has anyone used either of the 2 launch ramps at Catawba Island in their state parks? Is one better than the other? Do they allow over night parking? I have a 32 foot boat so a bigger ramp is always nicer. Thanks for any input!!
I've used the one by the Catawba Island Yacht Club several times but it's been many yrs ago.
What I do remember very clearly though is, if the weather is coming out of the north/north west it hits the ramp dead on. I had my bilge pump kick on there one time while my boat was still on the trailer.

I almost exclusively used the ramps at Mazurks Access over in Marble Head. Class A all the way. Protected harbor, concrete ramps, great traction, plenty of room/parking and a dock for staging as well.
Straight shot to Kellys Issland from there.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered

East Harbor isn't bad, it's a little tight back there maneuvering the trailer.

Most people use Mazurik's out on Marblehead. Nice 4 place ramp, and pretty close to the islands, Cedar Point, etc.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 1,828 Likes on 716 Posts
Default Was wondering if....

Originally Posted by c_deezy
East Harbor isn't bad, it's a little tight back there maneuvering the trailer.

Most people use Mazurik's out on Marblehead. Nice 4 place ramp, and pretty close to the islands, Cedar Point, etc.
that was the other one he was referring to. I never used it but I agree that it was tight and not much parking.
Pretty back in there though.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:11 PM
Registered

Mazurick's is way to go. Lake is low be careful of depth
Old 04-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Registered

The state park ramp on Catawba is perfectly fine for what the orginal poster is wanting(closest shot to PIB). The ramp at east harbor (technically in west harbor) has a fairly short dock and longer rigs have to park across the road. Mazuriks, down the road a bit is hard to beat, centrally located between PIB and KI and right on the lake with no idle cruising. All depends on what the original poster is wanting to do.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Registered

I use Dempseys on Marblehead, but have not checked the water level this year. It was very shallow at the ramp last fall.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the replies. I am looking for a good launch spot to hit up PIB and be able to park over night. I just looked up the Mazuriks ramp and it looks like a good choice. Thanks!!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Mazurik is a good choice it is a nice ramp
Old 04-05-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 125 Likes on 74 Posts

Use the Mazurik ramp. It is the best ramp in the area, and there is no problem with leaving your rig there overnight. I use this ramp 5 or 6 times a year. Only thing I would mention is you should be prepared for a safety inspection if you use this ramp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.