Notices

Pib trip question

Old 06-18-2013, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Pib trip question

I started this in general discusion but realized this would be a better place for it so sorry for the double post. Ok guys, I'm supposed to be going to put-in-bay in two weeks with 6 other boats. I have been there a couple times but never by boat. After some research, I must say, Im a little concerned on the docking situation. Is this something I should not worry about? Is there a private marina to keep boat at? Not worried about cost as much as boat rafted to others unknown. Leaving Friday morning through Sunday, and not sleeping on boat. Others I'm going with are sleeping on theirs. So basically what should I be concerned with the most? Any info would be great as I'm sure lots of you have done this. Thanks.
Old 06-18-2013, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you get there early Fridayyou should be fine. Google marinas over there and make reservations, they will let you do so.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you sleeping at?
Old 06-19-2013, 02:35 PM
Registered

Got two posts going.. Lol. we got a room so we can shower and sleep in the air condition if it is hot. Out of the 6 boats going only 2 will be staying on theirs. If the weather is nice I might just stay on the boat, or If I happen to stumble across a good looking female who can't find her boat
Old 06-19-2013, 02:38 PM
Registered

4 of us on my boat got a room at the islander. So having that option will be nice.
Old 06-19-2013, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could reserve a dock at Middle Bass State Park Marina and take the Sonny S to the bay. Your boat would be safe there. If you are ILYA you can stay at the Yacht Club.A long time ago I was docked at the Bay and in the morning when I woke up there was a boat rafted off me. When we got back to our marina that day I found that the guy had walked his dog across my teak swim board and scratched it all to hell!! I can sleep through anything when I'm drunk.....
Old 06-20-2013, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IT's going to be hard to get a reservation at PIB that weekend this close. But if you want your boat out of the way and safer than the public docks I would call Miller Marine. You may be able to raft off with your group in there well. It's also very protected.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:02 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

joe we will be over saterday for a bit but we r staying at middle bass. eather way should be a good time and a good weekend. see ya there.