Notices

Lake Geneva

Old 07-30-2013, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lake Geneva

I was thinking about boating at Lake Geneva and was wondering if there are any restrictions i should be aware of. I normally boat at Lake Michigan but was thinking of changing things up. Im aware of speed restrictions but what about noise or anything else. Any information is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:14 AM
Registered

We kept a boat in the Abbey for 5 years and other than the speed limits nothing else to be aware of. Not sure about noise restrictions as there aren't many go fasts all, cops might not even have meters. Plus the old wooden boats that are all over the place are kind of loud.
The best part of the lake is you don't have to worry about depth at all. deeper than all hell pretty much everywhere. The beach at bigfoot is a great sandy place to anchor. you can also order Jimmy Johns and they'll deliver to the beach. If you're looking to do a sleepover the Abbey had $140otd rooms a couple of weeks ago. We kept the boat in the water overnight in an "open" slip with no problems. Ramp fee there is $35 but if you go to a public launch in Williams Bay or downtown Lake Geneva it's $15 i think. let me know if you have any other specific questions i might know the answer to.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Speed limit 45 weekdays, 35 weekends(I think this might actually start Friday afternoon). There are two police boats and they do have radar. Never had an issue with noise, but I have seen them test before (a few years back). As stated, Bigfoot Beach is a nice anchor spot. For food/drinks - Chuck's in Fontana (West end of lake) - and I hear Pier 290 is good in Williams Bay. Depending on boat traffic, the water can get pretty rough. Rental maniacs are usually out in force, in particular wave runners near downtown Lake Geneva. Water skiing is usually great from about 5:30am to about 7:30ish. Last I checked, gas on the lake is $6/gallon (downtown).
Old 08-02-2013, 01:58 AM
Registered

Thanks for the responses. Might be headed there tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:06 PM
Registered

If you use the public launch in town, it's a PITA because the roadway with lots of traffic is right there so angling the trailer back and in is not fun with a long truck like my GMC 2500HD extended cab longbed and a 23' Stingray boat.
I would try the other launches, out of town's main drag type road