Tips for jobbie nooner 1 newbies. >

Tips for jobbie nooner 1 newbies.

Notices

Tips for jobbie nooner 1 newbies.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Tips for jobbie nooner 1 newbies.

We will be traveling down from the upper peninsula of Michigan to attend jobbie nooner 1 for the first time does anyone have any tips for us? I would like to find a good group of people to raft up with it will just be my wife and I we have have a chaparral Villain IV. I have a slip reserved for Friday night at emerald city where is the best place to launch near there? Is the law enforcement pretty reasonable as far as traveling back from gull island to the marina to get to brownies for the after party ie as long as your not driving like a jackass you should be ok or no. Also do a lot of people camp out on their boats at the island Thursday night or no. We are not newbie boaters just newbies to jobbie nooner.
Old 06-25-2014, 06:05 AM
Registered

Law Enforcement wont bother you if you are acting responsible. Too much other chaos happening for them to mess with responsible boaters. I would not raft up to close to the island, you may get stuck in there till the party breaks up. Not sure about people camping on the island but I would pull up into Muscamoot bay and throw anchor if I was to stay the night out there.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Registered

Thanks hadleycat. Is jobbie nooner 2 in sept just as big as jobbie nooner 1? What other boating parties are good to attend down there? How is the muscamoot bay raft off or the hardy dam party?
Old 06-25-2014, 11:14 AM
Registered

Jobbie 2 is not as large as 1 and in my opinion the raft off is more of a mature boater crowd

Haven't been to Jobbie in 10 years (too many amateurs) and not going this year, but I never miss the raft off.
Old 06-25-2014, 12:42 PM
Registered

Thanks
Old 06-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Villain30
Thanks hadleycat. Is jobbie nooner 2 in sept just as big as jobbie nooner 1? What other boating parties are good to attend down there? How is the muscamoot bay raft off or the hardy dam party?
Not sure if Jobbie #1 or #2 is bigger. I have never been to the Raft-off.

If you care about your boat I wouldnt raft off to close to the island for Jobbie Nooner. I have seen some skippers that were not too good at piloting there boats out there, plus the anonymous drunks that will be jumping from boat to boat.

I vacationed last summer in Gladstone. Stayed in the Marina. I love the area.

Muscamoot bay is hopping evey weekend. Hope you like techno dance music at 130 decibels
Old 06-25-2014, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

The most important tip I could possibly give you is. Don't go. We will do a drive by on our way to PIB!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:02 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

No I shouldn't say that. There's a lot of fun to be had there, just need to be aware of where you anchor or raft off with. There's a lot of respectable boaters that go there but, a ton of non-boaters that become boaters one day a year. Anchor on the south west side a bit away from the madness and walk in every once in a while. Have fun!
Old 06-25-2014, 05:14 PM
Registered

Thank you guys your help is very much appreciated
Old 06-25-2014, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 12meter joe
The most important tip I could possibly give you is. Don't go. We will do a drive by on our way to PIB!
+1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.