Notices

Boat lift on a canal.

Old 07-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Boat lift on a canal.

Sup fellas... Well Im leaving Walled Lake and coming out to the big water... FINALLY!!! Wife and I found a house and ready to put a bid on it ASAP. But... I am getting no help from Harrison twp or the armycorps on if I can have a lift off the seawall. They both say to put a application in but im sorry... in this market you need to bid on a house quickly. So from anyone experience with this would be great. The house we are bidding on is on 39100 East Archer in Harrison. Do you think this will be a problem... for a formula 242?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we have a couple elevator lifts, davits, seasonal hoists that go in during boating season and out during the winter and permanent lifts on the canals of Black River in Port Huron
Old 07-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by StClairRaceFan
we have a couple elevator lifts, davits, seasonal hoists that go in during boating season and out during the winter and permanent lifts on the canals of Black River in Port Huron
Are you a company that installs and what not? Do you have a number I can call for pricing?

Thanks for the response.
Old 07-02-2014, 03:35 PM
Registered

Received 157 Likes on 70 Posts

Permits can take 6 months or longer to get. If you end up with the house get your app in asap
Old 07-02-2014, 04:35 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

I have a buddy who makes lifts and another that installs sea walls, lifts, and dredges on lake st clair. PM me your number and I will get you their info so at least you have a starting point. Joe.
Old 07-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Are there other lifts and such at the neighbors' houses? That would be the first place I would ask to get relevant info. They can probably tell you who was the latest one to put one in, and what they went though would be valuable.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:40 PM
Registered

I live in Harrison township -- on a canal just south of metro beach . My canal is approximately 60' wide. I have a 20,000 lb side lift hoist. The permitting process takes forever. My old hoist was installed by KB Hoist in New Baltimore. My new hoist installed by Superior Marine on N. River Road in Harrison Township. Both were great to deal with.
Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 PM
Registered

Received 200 Likes on 54 Posts

Superior marine is my friends company and I also know the excavator operator on his barge very well. He's deff one of the best around. I can have the owner call you if you want to peruse this. Like I said just let me know and I'll help as much as I can. I do know they're installing a dock for another friend of mine and said 3-4 months for permit, it's been 2 so far.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:43 PM
Registered

This is great info guys... very much appreciated! The house search is back on... found out some unsettling things about the canal that has changed myself and my wifes mind on bidding on this property. At the last minute.
Old 07-03-2014, 05:49 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by chrisf695
This is great info guys... very much appreciated! The house search is back on... found out some unsettling things about the canal that has changed myself and my wifes mind on bidding on this property. At the last minute.
What did you find out about the canal? Bad sea walls, low depth, etc? I'm curious as I search waterfront property's every now and then.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.