Notices

Bay City Launches

Old 06-27-2015, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Bay City Launches

Where do you guys launch larger boats around Bay City, MI? I checked out the public launches on the northwestern side of the river. The docks are very short and currently under water. Is there someplace better in the area?
Old 06-27-2015, 09:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The two places I would recommend are Vets Bridge launch and Bangor launch. Vets is the nicer of the two, but most boats are launching at Bangor just because it saves a few minutes to the bay. The largest I've seen launch is a 42' (Cig and I believe a Sunsation). The docks are short there. I believe the docks at Vets are longer, but not positive. The DNR at the mouth of the river is not a possible. Really steep launch and even shorter docks.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:38 PM
Registered

The weekend of July 26-28 Bangor launch is really your only choice in bay city. Vets park is usually closed this weekend for the river roar races. Another ramp you might try is at Linwood beach marina on Saginaw bay about 10-15 north of bay city.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:21 AM
Registered

Plum if you could provide some possible time frames, Baycitymariah has a good point of vets being closed certain dates. He was a little off on the river roar that is going on this weekend. It's also closed for the 4th of July. Other than that, I think it's pretty open.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:24 AM
Registered

Should have added, when you head this way, PM me, I'll head out with you if your looking for someone unless your coming for the fun run 7/18 where there should be quite a few of us. Looking forward to seeing your boat.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Water was up yesterday due to northeast wind pushing water up the river, what you saw was not the norm. You can launch a larger boat at any of the 3 listed above, dock length may be a bit short but it's doable. Linwood Beach Marina probably has the longest docks at ramp, I launch there and can pull my boat back a good 15-20 feet once it floats off trailer. Pull ahead area for backing in is longest at Bangor launch if you require more room on that end.
Old 06-28-2015, 08:51 AM
Registered

I am in Bay City right now visiting the in-laws. Just picked the boat up from Mitcher T last Friday. Lots of family activities going on. Looks like Vets Park is my best bet for getting the older in-laws on the boat. Will have to wait until Monday, I guess.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:17 AM
Registered

Not in Bay City but not that much farther and a nice ride up the river you can launch at Rust Avenue launch. Docks are long, I've seen some big boats launch there.
Old 06-30-2015, 09:52 AM
Registered

I went out of the Vets Park launch on Monday. That was very nice with a long smooth dock on one side. Holy cow, you guys like your no-wake zones, though!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542648[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Bay City Launches-img_0334.jpg  
Old 06-30-2015, 10:33 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
I went out of the Vets Park launch on Monday. That was very nice with a long smooth dock on one side. Holy cow, you guys like your no-wake zones, though!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]542648[/ATTACH]
"WE" don't like them one bit. And they are trying to add another one in front of the new Uptown development......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.