Mechanics in SE Michigan area? >

Mechanics in SE Michigan area?

Notices

Mechanics in SE Michigan area?

Old 09-05-2015, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mechanics in SE Michigan area?

Looking for a good, trust worthy shop in South East Michigan (I am in Port Huron) to perform general yearly maintenance and possibly a few upgrades on my Baja 240. I know of a few shops but they don't seem to have the time for nothing that isn't a huge build and I can't even get any quotes. Curious about swapping my built 502 over to fuel injected over the winter. Appreciate the input, thanks!!
Old 09-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Registered

Didn't Crockett build the motor in it? He's not interested in doing the FI on it?
Old 09-06-2015, 07:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Art Cook Marine on Harsens Island did rebuilds for me. Great job.
Old 09-06-2015, 03:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I've sent Crockett several emails over the years with the intention of spending a lot of money. Never got one reply. Don't waste your time. It's getting hard to find decent shops around here. If it doesn't say skater or nor tech on the side, they're not interested.
Old 09-06-2015, 08:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by NKissau
I've sent Crockett several emails over the years with the intention of spending a lot of money. Never got one reply. Don't waste your time. It's getting hard to find decent shops around here. If it doesn't say skater or nor tech on the side, they're not interested.
I've never dealt with him but if I was serious about spending money I'd probably pick up a phone and just call him? I believe he's posted his cell number on here before.
Old 09-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Registered

Tyler doesn't reply to email. He does talk to people on the phone probably too much. No job too small either. He doesn't take on work just because it sounds like it could be a big dollar job. I have come to know him quite well and people that email and show up saying they are going to spend big coin in the end try to give the big stiffy. He is definitely brutally honest at times and i know he has turned down some big dollar jobs because people were unreasonable. I've seen him work on a 1985 25 sea Ray. He built my 800's I've been running them 4 or 5 yrs now. He will tell you what you can get accomplished with your budget. When he did my motors it was not a money doesn't matter project. And if you are local just go over there.

Last edited by grapeape93; 09-07-2015 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Added last sentence
Old 09-07-2015, 09:38 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

----I also know Tyler pretty well too, and he will build you just about anything. He built me a 510 ci/570 hp/ 650ft.lb. pill for my 93 Suburban. I felt that the price was pretty reasonable and the Suburban will tow just about anything easily. Only drawback now is the brakes which I want to address this winter. He also took on a double small-block boat project for me that had stalled due to some serious jerk-offs. I now have two 383s built to my specs waiting to go into a 24 Donzi (415 hp/460 ft.lb.). Cant wait to finish that one. Call Tyler and tell him what you are trying to accomplish. He will either take it on or tell you why he wont!!!.......Bill S
Old 09-08-2015, 01:59 PM
Registered

I 100% would recommend American Custom Marine. Call Mike and talk to him.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:32 PM
Registered

American custom marine is definitely the go to!

where else beside him and tyler do you guys like to go?