Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Boating by Region > Great Lakes and Canada
1000 islands winter blues >

1000 islands winter blues

Notices

1000 islands winter blues

Old 12-15-2015, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 228 Likes on 77 Posts

french fest is in cape vincent. yes 1000 islands still. we only went to caigers probably a hand full of times. well be sure to have some fun there next year!!
Old 12-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark is still one of the owners at Caigers just chatted with him via email last week, seeing if he had more for my 32 Regal Cruiser again, I took it away last fall and kept closer to home.. Lake Simcoe. Mark said he would made room so that good to hear, I will continue to tow my 290 Powerquest here and there, great to have a towable boat .... Any of you guys ever gone down river thru the seaway to Montreal? its a great trip, we have done it a few times. Montreal Marina is a the foot of the old city really a great place to spend a few days. Last trip down we planned it to attend the Montreal Jazz Festival.. boy do those guys ever know how to throw a party..
Old 12-20-2015, 11:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikeo
Mark is still one of the owners at Caigers just chatted with him via email last week, seeing if he had more for my 32 Regal Cruiser again, I took it away last fall and kept closer to home.. Lake Simcoe. Mark said he would made room so that good to hear, I will continue to tow my 290 Powerquest here and there, great to have a towable boat .... Any of you guys ever gone down river thru the seaway to Montreal? its a great trip, we have done it a few times. Montreal Marina is a the foot of the old city really a great place to spend a few days. Last trip down we planned it to attend the Montreal Jazz Festival.. boy do those guys ever know how to throw a party..
Every bar goes through turmoil so hopefully it will be back to normal this year! Never been to Montreal! Maybe that could be a fun get together and get people to run up there
Old 12-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How far from A-Bay is Montreal by river?
Old 12-21-2015, 09:41 PM
Registered

It's about 185 miles ..usually takes two days ..the second day can be long ,all depends on freighter traffic .
Old 12-21-2015, 09:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sounds like a cool trip! Are there a lot of locks to go through, is that what takes up so much time?
Old 12-21-2015, 10:44 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah that's a hike, but it does sound pretty fun! You'd need to take a week off to make the trip and enjoy yourself from the sounds of it.
Old 12-21-2015, 11:13 PM
Registered

After 300 miles on my boat in a weekend I think it would be time for a new boat I'd already be bored of it!!! Hahaha
Old 12-22-2015, 03:40 PM
Registered

There are Seven locks on the seaway two in Ontario one in New York and four in Quebec. The freighters lock thru one at a time and they have priority. The Lockmaster`s are pretty good at getting pleasure craft thru while there is a gap in large traffic. My first day is usually easy Rockport or Abay to Cornwall and then Montreal Harbour late at night generally after midnight but the seaway is well lite at the last two locks ....and the lock master will tell not to worry about the posted speed limit. Its a great trip and 5 to 7 days is best .....
Old 12-22-2015, 05:19 PM
Registered

After I wrote the post realized that there is only 1 lock in Ontario the Iroquois and 2 in New York State the Eisenhower and the Snell then 4 in Quebec ..And I must say for all my American friends the folks that work the two American locks are friendliest and most accommodating I my opinion on the Seaway ....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.