Question for the Big Boat Guys

Notices

Question for the Big Boat Guys

Old 02-03-2016, 09:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by endeavor1
I've pulled my 43 all over TX, TN, IA, IL,OK,KS and MO with no hassles from the law minus a speeding infraction. My trailer is 50' even with the drive guard. Plan your trip, choose truck stops for fuel and always tell the gawkers it's not your boat your just hauling it...

Boating in TN, KY, AL and MS proved minimally challenging for finding dockage. As mentioned before, let the pointy end hang out or ask if end space is available. We prefer LOTO as it geared to boats like ours. Good luck with the search.
That's a great idea saying your hauling for someone.....that's the biggest PIA dealing with gawkers
Old 02-03-2016, 09:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Slippery, go for at least a 38, your wife will love the ride and you'll love not having to hear her complain about the ride. Seriously, if you can catch a ride in a larger boat on the Great Lakes you will be a believer.
Old 08-11-2016, 06:52 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 80 Likes on 39 Posts

So…Lots of threads get started, but not many have an end story.

Thanks to all for all the great advice.

Deal is done on the 43 and she will be leaving CA next week for her new home in MI.

Unfortunately, not a lot of boating season left but we're going to try and make good use of what remains.

Hope to see you all on the water and repay the the advice with a cold one.

Cheers

1. Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:09 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Bring it to Hardy pond for HOT BOAT weekend. ( weekend after labor day)
There is a 43 BT that shows up just about every year.
Old 08-11-2016, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Bring it to Hardy pond for HOT BOAT weekend. ( weekend after labor day)
There is a 43 BT that shows up just about every year.
Hardy is in my backyard & I was doing Hot Boat before it was called Hot Boat.

I don't want to date myself, but we were running around up there when 60ish was competitive, 70 was fast, 80 was really fast, and a legitimate 90 mph boat would go around 90% of the stuff up there (except the v-drive guys). A 24' boat was about as big as anything on that water back then..

Things have really changed.

This 43 is as big as a 43 BT; I don't think it will go in at Sandy Beach and I am not gonna do the **** show at Brower.

Our 24 gets wet on the pond but I think we'll keep the 43 in the big water. Thanks for the invite, though.

Old 08-12-2016, 06:21 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Slippery
Hardy is in my backyard & I was doing Hot Boat before it was called Hot Boat.

I don't want to date myself, but we were running around up there when 60ish was competitive, 70 was fast, 80 was really fast, and a legitimate 90 mph boat would go around 90% of the stuff up there (except the v-drive guys). A 24' boat was about as big as anything on that water back then..

Things have really changed.

This 43 is as big as a 43 BT; I don't think it will go in at Sandy Beach and I am not gonna do the **** show at Brower.

Our 24 gets wet on the pond but I think we'll keep the 43 in the big water. Thanks for the invite, though.
We've launched our 43 at Oxbow. The ramp is great for Big stuff if you decide to take it there.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I always forget about Oxbow, that is a nice ramp.

Check300's post reminds me - Hot Boat is not far off - if anyone travels through Croton on the way to the dam, Oxbow, or Sandy Beach you need to really watch your width. The causeway in Croton is under construction and a wide trailer is going to be tough to get through there. And the traffic sucks b/c it's down to one lane across the bridge.

Old 08-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sandy beach has a completely new boat ramp and dockage. I use OXBOW They have nice ramps and I used to put my 34 SCARAB in there. I have been going to Hardy since BEFORE HOT BOAT weekend.
" 1979 "
I remember those days where a 21 ft boat was big.
Do you remember seeing this boat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558264[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Question for the Big Boat Guys-cvx-18.jpg  
Old 08-13-2016, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Tinkerer
Sandy beach has a completely new boat ramp and dockage. I use OXBOW They have nice ramps and I used to put my 34 SCARAB in there. I have been going to Hardy since BEFORE HOT BOAT weekend.
" 1979 "
I remember those days where a 21 ft boat was big.
Do you remember seeing this boat.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]558264[/ATTACH]
I love the Glastron Carlson stuff.

There was a GT-150 with a 90 o/b, CVX 16 and a CVX 18 on our lake for years. I know a guy who had (maybe still has) a CVX20 with a jet that ran around on Croton Pond & for years there was a CVX 20 (?) with a big outboard moored just down from the Driftwood Bar.

At that time I was running around in a 19 Baja with a 175 merc on it & then had a couple Taylor LP hulls. Had a tunnel o/b, then a Cheyenne jet, then a Kurtis runner bottom on alky. Good Times.

The hot rods were there long before it was an "official" party. If I remember correctly - which would be a minor miracle - I think the first organized "Hot Boat Hardy Party" was a show & shine at Brower Park put on by Jordan and the Mi Hot Boat guys. Don't ask me the year - I believe we were still traveling to the Holloway reservoir for the drags so it was before they were in Grand Rapids.

We tried to semi organize a show & shine in Croton last year during Hot Boat but just couldn't seem to get enough interest.

I started to post an apology for hijacking and then realized I was the OP…there's enough cool stuff on Hardy it could use it's own thread.

Old 08-13-2016, 12:17 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Forgot.

Yes, the new facilities at Sandy Beach are really nice. We were there last Tuesday and I was very impressed. Lots of parking, no more gravel & dust; they did a really nice job but I didn't see a restroom near the launch?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.