Like Tree5Likes

Michigan Info needed

Old 12-20-2017, 11:41 AM
Registered

My Boat: Cobalt 226

BUP - We live in Granger, IN which is just a hop and skip away from St. Joe. There are a number of very nice restaurants in the area - my wife loves Silver Beach Pizza and of course Clementines has been good. We used to put in at St. Joe but have an easier time in New Buffalo.

Kinda surprised that South Bend airport was so expensive - I found just the opposite - but with airline prices today - all bets are off.

What classes are you teaching??

If you fly into Midway (Chicago) just be careful when driving to the expressway - it is not better homes and gardens - just be aware of your surroundings and at a red light give plenty of room between cars so you don't get hemed in.

safe travel

3pointstar
Old 12-20-2017, 02:15 PM
BUP
Registered

Thanks - I just looked at the class count. They are becoming max full. I would have never thought.

If you pull up the link I posted and scroll thru it all (post 8) , I have 3 different classes. The first class is not mine but I have it now cause that person can not make it.

The classes really are for techs in the industry but really if one pays the fee per class - and who would ever know. If anyone wants to sign up thats fine to --- just saying

John

Last edited by BUP; 12-20-2017 at 02:24 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:21 PM
Registered

My Boat: Malibu VLX, 62 Howard Flat, 24 Schiada, 43 Schiada

Bup,

If Kazoo and S. Bend are too much $$ you might check out Gerald R Ford Int'l in Grand Rapids.

It's a bit closer than Chicago and doesn't have near the traffic issues & also no worries about room at the stop lights, etc...it's in a nice area.

GRR also is much easier to depart from in terms of drama with crowds and TSA
offshore312 and 3pointstar like this.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:35 PM
BUP
Registered

Originally Posted by BBYSTWY View Post
My old man works at pier 33 lol

not sure how long you are staying but if its for awhile I'm sure you could get a nice off season condo for really cheap if you hunt around a bit...just a thought...I work at the nuke plant in Bridgman which is not far from st joe and theres houses all over down here for monthly and weekly rentals for nuke plant contractors...just another option

Stewart
Met your Dad and we talked all week, super nice guy as well. Pier 33 is a very nice marine facility and I would highly recommend them. All their techs are very well OEM trained including certified plus very sharp. Their boat storage section of the facility is unreal. Super nice how perfect the boats are lined up and even racked stored. Also it was heated. That alone is a huge bonus for the boat owner storing with them.

Everyone at Pier 33 was super nice and treated me like I have known them for years. Again very professional and accommodating facility all the way around.

Also I seen the Apache stored in there as well. If I recall, it was mentioned having twin Teague 900 engines. - seen it was a staggard set up . If the owner is up here - dont worry, we did not climb in it or touched anything. It was covered up very well. Had to mention that. And if you are up here - the boat is super nice and I am jealous.

Last edited by BUP; 01-27-2018 at 06:51 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 06:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Boat: 1997 Nordic Heat

hahahah I had a feeling it was you when he was texting me...I doubt the owner of the apache is on here...he owns pier 33 not sure if you knew that lol but yea it was sent back to apache a few years ago and all redone...very very cool boat

Stewart
Old 01-27-2018, 07:08 PM
BUP
Registered

We ( your Dad and I ) were laughing that you did know who I was. Once your dad said - about your 28 Nordic and bought in TN - I knew who you were as well. Small world.

Still funny that you did know who I was. And thanks for the compliment you told your dad about me. Thank was nice on your end.

I did not want to mention who owned the Apache but knew who did. Just figured not any of my business. Lucky owner to say the least.

Last edited by BUP; 01-27-2018 at 07:22 PM.
Old 01-27-2018, 09:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hahaha yea small world for sure.....yea maybe I shouldn't have mentioned that tid bit but oh well hahaha very cool boat...those Teague motors have a very distinct sound to them...still have yet to ride in it tho unfortunately
Old 01-28-2018, 12:26 PM
Registered

My Boat: 1988 29' FOUNTAIN 19' Tahiti Jet w 468 ci. 15' Aerocraft

I agree on GRR, Grand Rapids its a very easy place to fly out of. I have traveled in & out of there many many times. Just my 2 Bits.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:24 PM
BUP
Registered

Originally Posted by 29 FOUNTAIN FUN View Post
I agree on GRR, Grand Rapids its a very easy place to fly out of. I have traveled in & out of there many many times. Just my 2 Bits.
Thank you for your reply and time.

If I was only younger I would move and set up shop in the area. I like the area is filled with I/O's, inboards and sportboats currently. My area is hugely becoming a pontoon - bass boat majority boating.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

The old man just sold his marina when he started back at Pier 33.....too bad you didn't buy it!! hahahaha

Stewart