Notices

Premium fuel

Old 07-07-2018, 07:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Premium fuel

I will be visiting Chicago, Racine, Kenosha, and Milwaukee 7-26 through 8-2. Where can I get premium fuel, and would appreciate any tips on where to go —- what to do

There are 2 couples, enjoy hanging out with other boaters, waterfront bars/restaurants etc

thanks
Old 07-09-2018, 07:56 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 932 Likes on 469 Posts

not sure about Kenosha but at Racine you have some decent places to walk to from the harbor to eat at...at least there were last time i was there about 3yrs ago. The Yardarm Bar/grill is interesting place if you like English pubs Premium Fuel i would give Pughs Marina a call and ask if they have it or if they know who does...they are right on the river to the right side just after the entrance to Racine Harbor. In Milwaukee we always went to Rock Bottom Brewery on the river...fuel im not sure about as we never got any there...

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-12-2018, 07:51 AM
Registered

Thanks
Old 09-05-2018, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking back a bit, how was the trip?
Old 09-08-2018, 06:46 AM
Registered

The trip was great until the end. Running across Lake Michigan about 3 miles from Michigan City I blew the lower unit on port outdrive.

Also, while trailering the boat home, a stone flew up and skipped along the side of the boat and put 5 noticeable scratches on the hull

for the trip itself, once in a lifetime. Loved cruising the Chicago River. Wisconsin was great too except that I couldn’t find any ethanol free fuel
Old 09-14-2018, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the drive.... a 3 mile idle is better than 30 and I don't see a problem with regular gas if you burn it. Scratches suck but it just shows you're having fun with the boat - hopefully you've got the lower unit fixed and had some good boating since then.

What did your itinerary look like and what kind of miles did you make? I assume you left from Mich City.... Decent weather?

Thanks for sharing.