Notices

Madison area meet up

Old 02-19-2024, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 834 Likes on 353 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Zoom
I have a place in Mauston and boat on Castle Rock with the Cig from time to time. Nice lake with plenty of places to eat and listen to bands. I have also never been hassled on the noise or speed.
Castle rock has been on our list to visit for some years now. Very nice area. Maybe this year with the jet boat vs the big boat for the first time. The level can fluctuate correct?
Old 02-20-2024, 04:20 PM
Registered

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Castle rock can definitely fluctuate, it's not a terribly deep lake and has some shallow spots. Never an issue with DNR or speeds though, there are usually some big power boats on there whenever I'm out on the weekends

​​​​​​I can definitely see Madison lakes having issues with noise, the DNR is very active on mendota as well. See them constantly in people's faces, mostly about drinking and operating. Don't buy a house on the water if you are scared of V8 boats, that's the way I look at it
​​
The following users liked this post:
IGetWet (02-20-2024)
Old 02-23-2024, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Yeah, I have heard Madison lakes can suck for those with thru hulls, I would be open to castle rock. I have been wanting to check it out, I would take the lead but I have k ow knowledge of the lake, ramps, things to do, etc
Old 02-25-2024, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 334 Likes on 165 Posts

I also live in Illinois, but have a home about 20 minutes from Castle Rock. I usually launch at a restaurant/bar The Dirty Turtle. There is also a state park launch near. I am currently putting new engines, drives and transmissions in my Cig but hope to have it back in the water by August. If anyone is interested I would like meeting up.
Old 02-25-2024, 02:52 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 1Zoom
I also live in Illinois, but have a home about 20 minutes from Castle Rock. I usually launch at a restaurant/bar The Dirty Turtle. There is also a state park launch near. I am currently putting new engines, drives and transmissions in my Cig but hope to have it back in the water by August. If anyone is interested I would like meeting up.
Sweet deal! Dirty turtle is one of the better ramps, especially for larger boats. I have a place on the northeast side of the lake and use one of the smaller launches. August would work for me as well!
Old 02-25-2024, 03:00 PM
Registered

We could aim for a get together aug 23-25 Weekend before labor day. it gets insanely busy (like most lakes) on Labor Day weekend

​​​​