Soft spot? >

Soft spot?

Notices

Soft spot?

Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Soft spot?

I was cleaning boat today and noticed the floor feels soft right in front of the rear seat center of the boat. any one ever had problems with floor rot? the boats been garaged kept since new.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile soft spot

Had the same problem with my 2000 ss They used a cardboard insert of some sort in the floor and if you get water in the sponson when it gets hot out the moisture will soften that card board The way we fixed mine we drilled about 12 holes in the soft spot and filled it with a type of marine glue they use to seal hulls together cant remember for sure Worked out GREAT and was very inexpensive You can get a hold of Roy at REDLINE CUSTOM BOATS in Las Vegas and can probably help you. Tell him Shane said hi
Old 09-22-2009, 11:26 PM
Charter Member #737
Charter Member

Received 73 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by outlaw26
I was cleaning boat today and noticed the floor feels soft right in front of the rear seat center of the boat. any one ever had problems with floor rot? the boats been garaged kept since new.
I did with my 97 the area right in front of the seat was soft. I cut out floor and glassed in a new section. The seat kept the water from draining. I redid the was the boat drained water at the same time.