HTM SR with ITS box >

HTM SR with ITS box

Notices

HTM SR with ITS box

Old 07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default HTM SR with ITS box

Does anyone know if a ITS bravo will work on a SR 24 ?
I can get a good deal on a new complete ITS box ,My HTM is still a Empty hull with no power/drive ,the engine I have is a 900 hp BBC that is still sitting in the shop.
If I go with a new regular/performance bravo transom and a set dual steering ,the price is about the same as the new ITS box .
I also have a Speedmaster #4 that I wanted to use on the HTM,but I know its going to be much more complicated to find propellors for this old small shaft #4 .
If I decide to buy the ITS box ,do I need to buy a 2 inch shorty bravo XR because of the ITS added setback ?

Thx
Old 07-19-2010, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stirling
Does anyone know if a ITS bravo will work on a SR 24 ?
I can get a good deal on a new complete ITS box ,My HTM is still a Empty hull with no power/drive ,the engine I have is a 900 hp BBC that is still sitting in the shop.
If I go with a new regular/performance bravo transom and a set dual steering ,the price is about the same as the new ITS box .
I also have a Speedmaster #4 that I wanted to use on the HTM,but I know its going to be much more complicated to find propellors for this old small shaft #4 .
If I decide to buy the ITS box ,do I need to buy a 2 inch shorty bravo XR because of the ITS added setback ?

Thx
When I had my HTM It had a imco setback and the boat didnt like it.So i took it off and put the bravo on the transom and it was a new boat. I had 940hp 1.36 gears and it ran 110-114 gps
Old 07-19-2010, 09:47 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Friend had an SR with an imco box and it didn't perform well. He had 750hp and it was a bravo eater. A SSM 4 would be cool!
Old 07-20-2010, 11:36 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Htm

Ok ,thanks for the reply ,so I,m going for a regular bravo transom ,or I will use the Speedmaster # 4 drive .
The # 4 is laying in the shop collecting dust for a decade ... maybe its time to use it !
Thanks for the info guys.

A.J
Old 07-20-2010, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Perlmudder
Friend had an SR with an imco box and it didn't perform well. He had 750hp and it was a bravo eater. A SSM 4 would be cool!
That is the HTM I had. It did not eat the Bravo drives it would eat couplers because he trimed it high but thats what he had to do to get the bow up and get speed out of it.I used the bravo that came with that boat for 2 years with out breaking it.The first thing I did was take the box off.When i put the big power in the boat I put a Bravo XR on and still never broke a drive.Then I took the power out and sold the boat.Just put a Bravo on there and call it a day!!