HTM full length windshield >

HTM full length windshield

Notices

HTM full length windshield

Old 06-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HTM full length windshield

I made this one last week. I had the flaps and didn't really like the looks of them. I may go with a solid black plexiglass shield next.
Attached Thumbnails HTM full length windshield-windshield-high-crop.jpg  
Old 06-12-2002, 11:15 PM
Sunsation 32

That pretty neat looking. Are you standing on the deck? Ive never seen you do that!!!!

Old 06-13-2002, 06:46 AM
Registered

Default HELL NO

the ladder on the trailer!!!!!!!!!!!11
Old 06-15-2002, 09:32 PM
Roy

How thick is it and how does it work? Does it help in the back seat? Fill me in on all the details.

Old 06-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Registered

Default My drive broke so I

haven't done a water test yet.
It's 1/4"
I made my templete and it follows the radius of the top deck perfectly.
If all goes well I will probably make my next one either smoked or solid black.
I am getting my Imco SC and should be in the water next weekend to water test it and the windshield.
I'll post something on next Sunday night.
Old 06-23-2002, 04:24 PM
Registered

Default Windshield worked out great!!!

We went on a poker run this weekend and ended up turning around hangin out in the marina.
It was 15 to 20 mph winds and the lake was just too rough for me. I don't like beatin up my equipment. The biggest thing was I was breaking in my new Imco Extreme SC drive. The water conditions were just too rough.
The windshield worked out great solid as a rock. And yes it helped a bunch for the rear seat passengers. The girl that was with us couldn't believe the difference it made. She had rode in the back seat many times before the full length screen. I'm finally a happy camper. It's just a shame the manufactures don't do something on their own.
Without the flaps or windshield you couldn't even hear the stereo.
Oh yea the SC with the XR gears sounds like I have a little blower under the hatch
Old 06-23-2002, 10:00 PM
Roy

Sounds great!! Didn't reply earlier, was out of town for awhile. Yours sounds easier than whst I was going to do. I was going to try and have in come all the way down on the deck and follow the ridge all the way around. How much for a MCW( Mike's Custom Winsheild) ?

Old 06-24-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

Default Mine does come all the way down on the deck

If you look close to the bottom of the windscreen you will see the rubber stripping. This has a U shape that slides over the bottom edge of the windscreen. Underneath that is a 5/8" round hollow rubber tube. This comes attached to the U shaped trim. The hollow tube compresses and seals against the top of the boat.
I have the musroom pop up cleats at the end of the screen. That is one reason I didn't go around and down. The biggest reason it would be a pain in the ass
The other reason was it would have made the windscreen more obvious. From a good distance the black rails somewhat disappear into the black of the boat. The clear plexiglass disappears pretty easy.
Bottom line I hate it, but I am so glad I have it.
I wouldn't be without it. It does so much for you, you are willing to give up the cool lines the boat had without it. You can carry a conversation with other riders, hear the stereo, and enjoy the boat so much better.
What they should have done is drop the seats about 4 to 6 inches. That would still have left enough room to still have the seats drop down. They just wouldn't have dropped totally vertically but they would have dropped enough to be out of the way.
Roy I will PM you what you will need to make this happen if you want. Don't reach for your wallet