boat cover

Notices

boat cover

Old 01-07-2008, 09:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boat cover

looking for a full cover that has elastic band around rubrail.

thnks,
ben
Old 01-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Ben is it for inside no wind? Your best bet might be a local canvas shop.

Mine has a draw string and the wind still will blow it off
Attached Thumbnails boat cover-chevelle-eng-element-bryant-eng-053.jpg   boat cover-tickfaw-5-5-2007-010-large-.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: mpg
TickFaw 5-5-2007 132.mpg (1.75 MB, 31 views)

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-10-2008, 07:59 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It is for the when we leave it on the lift at LOTO in the summer. The bugs and crap gets on the top of the boat, pain to wash every day. Priced some down there, and going to call around here to get some estimates.

Haven't talked to you in a while Rob, hope the holidays were good.

How's the boat been running?

Ben
Old 01-10-2008, 09:03 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SLOWRIDE-388
It is for the when we leave it on the lift at LOTO in the summer. The bugs and crap gets on the top of the boat, pain to wash every day. Priced some down there, and going to call around here to get some estimates.

Haven't talked to you in a while Rob, hope the holidays were good.

How's the boat been running?

Ben
Mine has a draw string/robe in it .My local guy said it would be around 12-1500 to replace it.In my slip the front will still blow off ,even tied on the sides and the draw string tight,It make all the difference in the slip, bird and spider shet in bad here.Boat been running good,hit 102 a couple times w/ low fuel,even with the 32's,I figure it pretty good being able to go from 24pitch to 32's with the 1.30 gear

Were ya see the blue rope ,I tie it to the Pier in the slip,In front of it the wind will catch it and pop it above the rub rail.It also will rub the paint in a storm from the cover flapping, Is ya need anypick of the ropes and ratchet things I can take some more pick if ya need it?

Ben hows yours doing??

Rob
Attached Thumbnails boat cover-drives-4-7-07-044-large-.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:13 PM
Registered

SLOWRIDE- I have met you before at the Ozarks.... I would call Phil at 573 964 5371. He is at the Ozarks and does good work. I would attach some pics but I do not know how...Give me your email and I can send some. Mine covers the sides all the way down. No paint exposed. It is also lightweight.
Thanks,
Matt
Old 01-17-2008, 08:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Rob,
Boat has been running good, broke a driveshaft at the Shootout, haven't run it since we CPR got it fixed, just brought it home and put it away. Still teetering around 100, just need to play with it more. Thinking about Eickert fuel injection...

Matt,
I see you got the 388 for sale, having any luck? Did Phil make the one for your boat, i think i talked to them at the end of the summer. Thinking they were around $1000-1200, but can't remember. My email is [email protected], give me a shout.
Old 01-25-2008, 03:08 PM
Registered

Received 742 Likes on 400 Posts

Ben, I've seen a lot of Phil's covers down at LOTO and all look to be top notch. I priced Phil along with some others here in IL and Phil was very competitive. There is an Amish place here in IL that has made a lot of the full covers for boats on our Dock at Clinton and they are very nice. I can get you info on them if you are interested. Hope you and your Dad get the Slingshot back together and running better than ever for the upcoming season. Eickert FI? Does Uncle Don have some laying around?! I finally got to see Recycler up close at the Shootout. What a wild ride.
Old 01-28-2008, 07:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks for the info, unless we can find a used one in good condition, will probably get one from Phil when it gets closer to summer, that is where Sparky and Fireball got theirs, really nice in my opinion. On the FI, still up in the air, just the look of them are sweet. Don't think Don has any extra though.
Later
Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks guys for all the info, going with phil's on the cover. Thank you Rob for the info and pics of the stereo install. I got ours done, seems to sound pretty good, did not add any more speakers, just more amps and replaced the old speakers.
Anyways, will keep you updated on any other progress. Looking for LED lights for the engine comp. right now and possibly blue accents for the cockpit.
ben