Why is it so slow?

Notices

Why is it so slow?

Old 08-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by NOMOGOFAST
Throttle Therapy had 1.50 gears. I had the b max ht's, what a joke, the guy that bought my boat has already had them apart twice. The gearsets had hairline cracking in them and he tried to get parts from Dean under warranty and was told he didn't have the parts. He didn't want any labor, just parts. I think all the 500 efi 388's had 1.50's.
Whats up,ya missing that Hustler?
bet ya been fishing a lot

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 08-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey Strip

I miss the noise and power, but not the empty wallet and maintainence. I out over a hundred hours on the new boat in a year and a half and have done nothing but put gas in it. I don't fish at all, only thing we catch is a buzz. Went out yesterday and got caught in a nasty storm 4's and 5's for about 10 miles. I wish we could of had some pictures of that. I think we were aired out more than in the water. The boat handles it amazingly well once you figure out the water. How's your boat doing? Tried anything new?

Keep in touch, you going to Key West for the World's? If you are we can hook up
Old 08-31-2008, 02:33 PM
Registered

Default Will

What's up Will, how's that new boat treating you? Looks awesome, keep it stock or you know the saying " your a __ck" I don't have Tom's email but I can get it. All is well down here. We do quite a bit of boating when the weather permits. This year we have got alot of rain on the weekends. We have only got out twice in the last four weeks. Were going to camp out this weekend and got nailed with storms yesterday and had to haul ass back in some nasty water. It was a fun ride in, but the rain was pelting us and I didn't have a helmet or goggles.

Jeri says "hey to all" hope you guys are doing well

Keep in touch.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:38 PM
Rob
VIP Member

I miss the noise and power, but not the empty wallet and maintainence. I out over a hundred hours on the new boat in a year and a half and have done nothing but put gas in it. I don't fish at all, only thing we catch is a buzz. Went out yesterday and got caught in a nasty storm 4's and 5's for about 10 miles. I wish we could of had some pictures of that. I think we were aired out more than in the water. The boat handles it amazingly well once you figure out the water. How's your boat doing? Tried anything new?

Keep in touch, you going to Key West for the World's? If you are we can hook up

not much, kinda at a wall at 101-102,just riding and taking it easy

Old 09-01-2008, 10:13 AM
Registered

Default Strip

Did you ever upgrade your blocks?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:25 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Did you ever upgrade your blocks?

nope, they had a good leak down last winter,one block has extra piston to cycylinder wall clearence, makes it buz higher so all I did was re polish everything and put them back in,I was told the gen 6 stuff want interchange to the aftermarket blocks,if I could find some good used/new GM blocks id like to start with some fresh std. or 30 over.Really didn't want to buy a rusted out one.Rob

Old 09-01-2008, 08:31 PM
Registered

Speed sounds about right to me......Mine is dynoed at @ 740+ hp, 1.35 drive ratio on Stelling boxes in the neutral pos., and spinning a set of worked over bravo 30's..........97.4 GPS. Want to try a set of Hydromotive P5's in hopes of cutting down on the prop slip. I have a set of stock Bravo 32's that will only turn just over 5000 at 92 mph
Old 09-02-2008, 09:37 AM
Registered

What's up Will, how's that new boat treating you? Looks awesome, keep it stock or you know the saying " your a __ck" I don't have Tom's email but I can get it. All is well down here. We do quite a bit of boating when the weather permits. This year we have got alot of rain on the weekends. We have only got out twice in the last four weeks. Were going to camp out this weekend and got nailed with storms yesterday and had to haul ass back in some nasty water. It was a fun ride in, but the rain was pelting us and I didn't have a helmet or goggles.

Jeri says "hey to all" hope you guys are doing well

Keep in touch.
don't worry she's staying stock!
Lori loves it , she Say's it's her boat and I'm just her chauffeur :
very happy with the fuel consumption, did the Richmond run on 130 gallon, which i thought was pretty good.
have fun! we will keep in touch