This thread is a little slow

Old 12-24-2009, 01:23 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mwdill
Rob,
what did you use on the trailer?
I use the Maguires/eagle, aluminum brightener,it has the etching acid, I wet the trailer spray alittle on the trailer,then real fast start sanding with the grain with a green or red Scotch brite pad,don't let it run it will streak it,the pad will brighten it some by it self.Do not get it on the brakes,Do a small section at a time,5-6 foot, I figure eventually it will be smooth enough to polish some.weting it dilutes it some trying to not streak it, also trying to not etch the aluminum,makeing it turn quicker,Just diping it at the ramp will leave a diss color just on one launce, same as salt

hope this helps
Thanks guys
Rob

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 01-05-2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks Rob
i knew it was alot of work! looks great!
hope you have a great Holiday and a BETTER new year!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:55 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Talking

anoeds and props
Attached Thumbnails This thread is a little slow-12-016-large-.jpg   This thread is a little slow-12-043-large-.jpg   This thread is a little slow-12-033-large-.jpg  

Old 12-30-2009, 09:17 PM
Registered

rob i mean damm i can't even find time just to finish last years project's
Old 12-30-2009, 10:42 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by galex0100
rob i mean damm i can't even find time just to finish last years project's
Yea IO know what ya mean,My priority's fluctuate. I take my time off work seriously and try an make the best of it, For instance,After I installed a JL amp, I have a RCA"alt" buzz in the speakers,some jack azz told me I needed new RCA's..The Kicker dealer guy said they were the best, that you could run them by power wires and they would be insulated enough,I thought I was buying the best,My old shet was better than the GD import Kicker "SHIELDED " wires,its been like that for 2 years, which last year I was not running because of AQUA Fiberglass ,Brandon Ms.Bad Business, d!cking around painting my boat for 9 1/2 months,Ive been putting it off because ya cant hear it when your running anyway.

I like referring to Aqua because every time I post it, Google picks it up so someone Googleing them will see this thread and others I posted showing they screwed me.

galex0100 sorry for rambling

John/Hustler is next.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Rob
VIP Member

My mirror project isn't going to work,3 broke mirrors+540.00 learning got a do something different,Drives on,to cold to try and pump oil in them at freezing
Attached Thumbnails This thread is a little slow-mirror-drive-092-large-.jpg   This thread is a little slow-mirror-drive-062-large-.jpg   This thread is a little slow-mirror-drive-104-large-.jpg  

Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

Very impressive.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
before and after picks.
I spent a hour or 2 on themThey were very wavy,ruff casting I straighten them the best I could,belt sanded and cut down the mid section rounded the nose ,thinned the skeg a bunch,Since my boat was in paint for over a year I polished these in the spring and they got a little cloudy so I repolished them for a boat show coming up here.

Rob
I have been thinking about polishing my lower unit for a long time but all I hear is people saying that corrostion would build up to quick? I am mostly in fresh water though.Have you had any problem other than just throwing some polish on it every once in awhile? I have had many street bikes that I polished the frame on and they were not that bad.But not sure about underwater use? Thanks for the pics, and sweetboat!
Old 01-05-2010, 11:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Rob,
On the mirror, You could try polished alum. Maybe clear coat it. But then you like to polish things.

When you are done with yours, come on out to the west coast. You can burn out that extra energy on my boat.

Seriously, oustanding!
Terry
Old 01-05-2010, 09:02 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 10K4U
I have been thinking about polishing my lower unit for a long time but all I hear is people saying that corrosion would build up to quick? I am mostly in fresh water though.Have you had any problem other than just throwing some polish on it every once in awhile? I have had many street bikes that I polished the frame on and they were not that bad.But not sure about underwater use? Thanks for the pics, and sweetboat!

I think the merc castings are a diff grade of alum,the aftermarket probably want go the same as merc ,to costly,I'm told mine is green sand cast,its still has craters in it,it would never come close to a Imco,

My Imco on my old Scarab would start to water spot then start turn grey, that was norm,prob hit it about every 3 months,watch buffing and dont sling the black stuff on the hull,it nasty stuff.

I started out on the B Max sanding,then 320 it would have the bright alum look,I did that for 2 years,.this past year having the boat in paint at SOB's GD Aqua fiberglass in Brandon Ms[bad business] Iv had 9 1/2 months to polish stuff,

Your Merc case should be pretty smooth,strip and sand and polish it,I call it a blue aluminum, like it want come out to a mirror finish.buff it by hand wouldn't be feasible to me,

I got finished buffing the foots back in summer, sitting in the garage covered, they tarnished some,I rebuffed them before putting back on,[5 hours??]I expect them to tarnish fast as i dont have a shop to put it in,yea it looks good, first time I hit the water is will start going away,the water spots just over lap each other,they turn Grey,It will prob easier to re buff,Ill prob have to every 60days,or before each poker run,Also I put some wax on them, that tarnished them some and didnt help.

Also on the tool boxes I waxed them after the mirror shine it tarnished worse,in two weeks it already is covered in water spots,Ill have to rebuff it at the show this weekend.

I have a buddy that had a GXR12 ih striped it and buffed, that alum seemed to hold the shine longer.so plan of the foot to tarnish faster.

The other thing on a stock merc bravo one the case doesent look areodynamic,I put a bobs nose cone on the braavo one foot ,that made it look better to me.

Ya know we all want to have the speedmast 6 look

do it,its just time

rambling here

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 01-05-2010 at 09:12 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.