Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Hustler
New to me 99 388 Slingshot >

New to me 99 388 Slingshot

Notices

New to me 99 388 Slingshot

Old 10-16-2014, 03:56 PM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks for the heads up Strip. When I was in the boat biz and with all my old boats I would always tow with the cover on and tape it down like you say. The transport company refused to tow with it on "in case" it broke loose, they didn't want to be responsible for the paint. I get that but they left it uncovered overnight sitting still here in Dallas....we had about 2-3" of rain that night in areas of town. The cockpit drains nicely as well as the anchor locker seems too. I have all the cushions out of the cabin and all storage compartments open and have had a fan going since Sunday. My inlaws have been checking on it since it't in their garage and they say everything is dry. Still think the step pump is a poor design how they have it rigged...especially if the ice chest and sink drain into it? The lake we are on is small so we have our normal ice chest we use and the inlaws have their cruiser out there when we go raft off so not really concerned with the sink...but now know not to dump stuff down it! Like the name says "OCD Overload" that is me as well...anal about all my stuff. Cannot wait to run it next weekend!

Thanks everyone for the replies!
Old 10-16-2014, 04:23 PM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

Congratulations!! Beautiful boat!
Old 10-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the boat. Looked like it was in good condition and priced right. That's hard to find now days
Old 10-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Registered

Received 131 Likes on 53 Posts

Thanks everyone, really appreciate it. We looked for a long time... Wife has always liked the 388's but thought we'd never be able to afford one after the ups and downs of the past couple years and being pretty humbled. Very happy we stumbled upon this one and she is really clean for a 99, survey was good so we jumped on it. Don't get me wrong she's not perfect but I like tinkering and making things my own. Very thankful to have been able to pull this off!
Old 10-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice buy! I have always loved the slingshot, and was looking at one when our Eliminator popped up........Eliminator was too good of a deal to pass up.
Hope you get on the water soon and have some fun with it!!
Old 10-20-2014, 10:16 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HOSSMAN
Thanks for the heads up Strip. When I was in the boat biz and with all my old boats I would always tow with the cover on and tape it down like you say. The transport company refused to tow with it on "in case" it broke loose, they didn't want to be responsible for the paint. I get that but they left it uncovered overnight sitting still here in Dallas....we had about 2-3" of rain that night in areas of town. The cockpit drains nicely as well as the anchor locker seems too. I have all the cushions out of the cabin and all storage compartments open and have had a fan going since Sunday. My inlaws have been checking on it since it't in their garage and they say everything is dry. Still think the step pump is a poor design how they have it rigged...especially if the ice chest and sink drain into it? The lake we are on is small so we have our normal ice chest we use and the inlaws have their cruiser out there when we go raft off so not really concerned with the sink...but now know not to dump stuff down it! Like the name says "OCD Overload" that is me as well...anal about all my stuff. Cannot wait to run it next weekend!

Thanks everyone for the replies!
BTW, one of my friends hooked up his sink and ice chest drains to a shower box, which is a sealed box found in cruisers with a pump inside it. It was cheap and kept his front bilge dry. He left the regular pump for rain water issues.

Make sure you dry under the bench seats, they are a mold trap!