32 hustler possible purchase and any input would be great

Notices

32 hustler possible purchase and any input would be great

Old 03-01-2017, 08:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default 32 hustler possible purchase and any input would be great

[ATTACH=CONFIG]565176[/ATTACH]
I am currently looking at a 92 32 hustler and wanted some input before I drive 1200 miles again to be disappointed by a wet/rotten hull it is completely empty so I would be using my donor boat and transfer everything from it to the hustler. current boat is a scarab panther with imco boxes and drives 550hp 502's it runs 87 mph when it was completely wet other than transom and rear stringers which were already done.
this an x race boat as well.
any of you who own these have you seen any transom or stringer rot? how do they handle in rough water etc any info would be great
Attached Thumbnails 32 hustler possible purchase and any input would be great-img_0161.jpg  
Old 03-02-2017, 04:45 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not seen any transom rot or stringer rot in mine. Mine is a 91 and I did have it surveyed. It is a really nice hull. It handles moderate rough water very well 3-4. It is a very well balanced boat and lands very smooth, no hard jolts. It is definitely a boat you need to drive, I would not consider it a point shoot type of boat but that is what I prefer. I have extension boxes on mine ae well. My guess with your power 550s it should run into the 80s. I have only owned it for a year but have been very happy with it.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:33 PM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Its a great Boat , i bought a 89 a few years back only wet spot it had was in a corner in THE cockpit Floor caused by screw holes .

It was one of the fastest hulls in that time and are build for the ocean they handle rough very well , I bought mine empty as well and put in 2 brand new 320 hp diesels and Xr drives no boxes as it allready have a notch .
It did 72 mph every day I think it will do at least the same as your panther but I think it hit 90 and maybe a little more .
Don't know if a box make it faster maybe give the factory a call

Hope this helps
Old 03-04-2017, 02:05 PM
Registered

Received 698 Likes on 341 Posts

Originally Posted by bor
Its a great Boat , i bought a 89 a few years back only wet spot it had was in a corner in THE cockpit Floor caused by screw holes .

It was one of the fastest hulls in that time and are build for the ocean they handle rough very well , I bought mine empty as well and put in 2 brand new 320 hp diesels and Xr drives no boxes as it allready have a notch .
It did 72 mph every day I think it will do at least the same as your panther but I think it hit 90 and maybe a little more .

Hope this helps
Call outerlimits and ask Paul fiore if a box would help. Don't think anyone at hustler today was there when the 32 sport was built.
Old 03-05-2017, 01:48 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by Unlimited jd
Call outerlimits and ask Paul fiore if a box would help. Don't think anyone at hustler today was there when the 32 sport was built.
I was thinking that when type it but could t remember Paul's name only mike ( rip ! )
Old 03-05-2017, 02:10 PM
Registered

Received 570 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by bor

Hope this helps
Bor

What diesel manufacture did you use?
Old 03-05-2017, 06:46 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Original ad before it was stripped. Don't pay too much he stole it and has been trying to get rid of the hull for at least 6 months.

https://boats-from-usa.com/hustler/hustler-32-54025
Old 03-05-2017, 11:43 PM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Bor

What diesel manufacture did you use?
Tommy,

I used a pair Cummins / mercruiser Qsd 4.2 l 320 hp but the are build by Vm Motori in Italy