ISO 344 Cheetah

Notices

ISO 344 Cheetah

Old 09-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Originally Posted by apex svt

Well we’ve only ran about 4 hours in 2 years in the slingshot due to motor failure. But the cockpit is for sure bigger by a foot or two, engine bay is bigger as well (spend a lot of time back there). But they ride very similar. Keep in mind that the slingshot is a twin step and the cheetah is a tek-step or 4 step. If you plan on running real high speeds the slingshot will need some work. We have the rear strakes removed on ours.

I’ll get my buddy kelly to comment, he’s owned both a 35 formula and a slingshot. He can give you his experience. @payupsucker
I figured he would of already, did Ben get you fixed up ??
Old 09-15-2019, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Mtb_05
Well that’s a bummer. What are you running for motors in the slingshot? That would be nice to hear from your buddy seeing he’s owned both boats. I’ve been through 3 boat in the last 2 years. 33 Outlaw, 32 Fountain and 353 Fastech. The Fastech was by far the best of the 3. It was a 99 with HP 500’s. I want something that’ll run mid 80’s low 90’s. I’d like to do more poker runs and the fastech was good but not fast enough. Instead of dumping loads of money in rigging and never getting it back, I decided to sell and find the right boat that’ll satisfy my needs an keep for more than a year.
Turns out he had a 30 not a 35, he said he’ll still pop in to give his input. The cheetah will do 80’s all day every day, low 90’s in ideal conditions, a slingshot with 500’s should run 83ish give or take.

We are running 1000’s in our slingshot. “Running”

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
I figured he would of already, did Ben get you fixed up ??
Unfortunately no. We ran it and it breaks up around 4000rpm then backfires through the intake. So bad that we blew up and intercooler, found water on the plugs. Been fighting it all summer, extremely frustrating, going down in a week to put an engine harness on the motor that isn’t running. Hopefully that works, we’ve changed almost every other component. Here’s the video of the last run, port motor, down rpm and breaks up.
What did they ever figure out with your motors?

Old 09-15-2019, 11:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,051 Likes on 1,357 Posts

Im not going to say who, but what is the engine builder saying ? aren't these just out of his shop

my engines are fine, sent you a pm

dont want to high jack the OP's thread

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 09-15-2019 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-15-2019, 11:54 AM
Registered

Received 59 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
Im not going to say who, but what is the engine builder saying ? aren't these just out of his shop

my engines are fine
Edit: send it again Ken my inbox was full.

Last edited by apex svt; 09-15-2019 at 11:58 AM.