Notices

insurance claims?

Old 05-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well....this is getting deep.are all insurance companys thia hard to deal with?finnaly heard back from insurance man after many phone calls ,...with some prooding from my agent,and said they were shopping the $$.got one price abour 2grand less,and i know for a fact that the drive replacement they quoted was a rebuilt drive,and it is not a merc factory rebuilt.i am told that i have the right to pick the repair shop of my choise.is that true.hey npartin,i may go that route,just want to check around to make sure i can.thanks folks for all the input.brad
Old 06-06-2007, 06:31 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having the same problems with progressive. It has almost been a year, I have filed complaints with the state board of insurance and I suggest you do the same. They will have to respond to the complaint. I am supposed to have a decision this week. If they do not pay it I will have to take them to court. All should beware of Progressive, they do not seem to pay off on boat claims.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Registered

Progressive is probably one of the worst insurance companies out there. Call three of your local body shops and ask them which insurance company is the worst and I PROMISE you the at least two will say progressive.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:47 AM
Registered

I don't agree that Progressive is the worst out there. The do have some bad claim reps & ALL carriers do. Some people say State Farm pays like a slot machine & others complain about them.

I write with many carriers (Progressive being one). If you were honest about your boat and they have all the correct info, submit the claim. I have an insured who had a claim his 1st year with Progressive. His rate went DOWN at renewal. They had a rate decrease and he was part of it. To be honest, I couldn't believe it! I have had others that have had their claims paid within 1 - 2 weeks.

Now for a bad story. I was talking to a guy who had a claim in AZ. The AZ Progressive rep was terrible to him and said his claim was not covered etc. He brought his boat back home to CA and Progressive is paying everything.

People in the High Performance market have deductibles that are higher than your claim, so in that case I would recommend not filing a claim. Also, the HP market will up your renewal rate.

I hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:23 AM
Gold Member

i would have liked to ate the claim.....but do not have deep pockets.after 2 months they finnialy paid the claim.3900.00 for a reman lower unit.nothing for the upper or the engine coupler.i took my own $$ and paid for the coupler.i might get my fountain back today.i am not into bashing people and there companys cause i learned if you do not have anything nice or positive about someone,do not say anything.but i do know this...what comes around,goes around.who are you guys insurance company?thanks for all the help.brad.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Registered

bcfountain,

If you are not happy with the settelment, don't cash the check & talk to your agent. You can argue your side & try to get more. You will not look like an a$$. Insurance is supposed to get you back where you were - no better, no worse.

Good Luck
Old 06-08-2007, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Progressive called today and said they were going to try and help me out! They offered to pay 50% of the repair bill. I told them thanks but no thanks and I would see them in court.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:56 AM
Gold Member

Default progressive blues too.

Originally Posted by Offshoreracr
Progressive called today and said they were going to try and help me out! They offered to pay 50% of the repair bill. I told them thanks but no thanks and I would see them in court.
i see you have the progressive blues too.want to hear a funny story?i took my boat for a test run sunday after progressive finnaly paid up and had to be towed in agine.drive stuch in reverse.....how sweet it is.check out my thread at insurance.what happend to your boat?
Old 06-20-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Insurance God
I don't agree that Progressive is the worst out there. .
Progressive is recognized throughout the insurance industry as THE worst company for paying claims. Their corporate claims straegy is to settle INSTANTLY with the insured, most times before they have time to gather their thoughts and get themselves together. For those that don't play ball, they'll torture you into an eventual settlement.

Progressive is headquartered in my hometown. I've known more people who have worked there than I can count. The only person that has ever uttered a kind word that I've heard is an agent. Show me a guy who got a quick, hassle-free check from Progressive and I'll show you a guy who got boned.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:12 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Offshoreracr
Contact your state's insurance commission about filing a formal complaint against Progressive. Insurance companies aren't afraid of lawyers- they have plenty of them. They are afraid of state insurance commissions, though. Then contact your state's attorney general's office.

You're not going to see court with Progressive. You'll see them in arbitration which is usually King Solomon's Court- issues are all solved by cutting it in half. They already know this and offered you that amount. Your state may have a treble damages law covering bad faith, which is your insurer's failure to honor their contract with you. Good luck finding a lawyer that will help you with a civil suit against a large insurer- those companies spread their litigation work around with the better firms in each city they write in- that makes them unable to talk to you- conflict of interest.

Quick Reply: insurance claims?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.